Monday, May 24, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room #11!

I am the host for this week's challenge in the Tea Room and we are inspired this week by this cute photo:



We are to create a card or project this week with a tea or tea party theme or polka dots ... or BOTH!  I did BOTH :)

I surprised myself when I sat down to create my design ... usually I'd immediately pull for my pink polka dot DSP, but I've been inspired this week by October Afternoon's Thrift Shop series and went straight for the black and cream polka dot DSP with a coordinating piece of black and cream damask!  Of course, I did get my pink fix in the design with some gorgeous pink vintage lace, Pomegranate CS, Prima flower and 'Cameo Beige Sugar' Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop

The vintage picture is from Crafty Secrets and I topped off the whole design with a pink and rhinestone trinket pin and a paper doilie spritzed with Gold and Tattered Rose Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels.


Please hop on over to the other design team members blogs for some more yummy inspiration and then I hope you can join in on the fun by creating a design of your own for our Polka Dot Tea Party Challenge!

Audrey Pettit - Audrey Pettit's Weblog
Jill Hilliard - Jill's Card Creations
Melissa Hubert - My Paper Obsession
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations

Now your turn ... I can't wait to see what you'll create this week for the Tea Room Challenge!

5 comments:

Evgenia said...

so wonderful!

Audrey Pettit said...

Very, very pretty design, Debbie! That vintage image is lovely and I adore the PPs you chose. I am a big fan of brown, so I love your choices. The flower and ribbon are beautiful here, too.

Nicole said...

Pretty card, Debbie. Love those jumbo scallops and that polka dot paper. Thanks for the *fun* challenge this week! :)

Ashley Lydia said...

You are sooo talented! I love this card =) I am going to have so much fun this challenge I love polka dots and tea themes

pattyo said...

Adorable card!