Tuesday, May 4, 2010

'Sew' Thankful!



Oh my scrappy goodness ... great day today. A few of my stampy friends picked me up early this morning and we did a road trip out to our LSS - one hour away! We spent the day shopping and having lunch ... like heaven I tell ya'!!!

I walked out with three bags full of all of my favorite goodies, plus a few newbies to add to my stash. Today reminded me why I try to 'only' go to this LSS 2 - 3 times per year - YIKIESIE!!

Anywhooo, I was able to stock up on some of my favorite Cosmo Cricket lines of papers, got some new Unity Stamps and lots of embellies - yum! For this card, I stamped the cutie pie spool of thread and then cut the image out. I then spooled some green Martha Stewart string around the spool and glued it onto the needle to look like it was threaded!

The Shabby Vintage Seam Binding is 'Primrose Cookie Dough' from my Etsy shop and this is a thank you card for Beth - our chauffeur for today's excursion!!

Challenges I used for this card:

2. Paper Sundaes #16 - color/red, yellow & green
3. Stampin' Royalty #17 - use punches

8 comments:

tracy said...

lovely card, great image and sentiment. Thanks for joining the creative cottage challenge this week, i hope you will join us again, hugs Tracy x

Deb Neerman said...

A fabulous creation! Love your yummy ribbon! *wink*

Terrie B x said...

Your card is `swe` Beautiful Debbie TFI:)x

Jenny said...

Cool card! I love that bow at the top, thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Rose said...

fantastic card and i luv the image :) thanks for playing on the OCC this week

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous, Debbie! Thanks so much for playing with the OCC sketch this week! xxx

Simply Shaz said...

Oh this is just FAB! Love it :)
Thanks for joining in with us over at OCCS this week!
Shaz x

alicaz said...

so pretty! love the spool with the thread and the ribbon too!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!