Saturday, May 15, 2010

Red, White and Blue gift set!

Today I have a sweet little gift set I whipped up for a couple challenges ... and to give to my friend this evening who is hosting our monthly dinner club!  The cutie pie little picnic basket is the perfect size to hold some Apple flavored tea bags - yum!  I think she'll like it -- don't you?  Our theme tonight is 'organic' and I made a delicious potato salad and some yummy home grown cucumbers in a vinegarette!

With Memorial Day only two weeks from today, I'm so excited for the official launch of summer.  Memorial Day weekend means the beginning of lazy, sunny summer days ... trips to the lake with my family ... picnics ... cookouts ... and a more relaxed schedule ... YEAH :)


Americana and folk art style is easy for me ... the rooms in my home that are not decorated vintage and Victorian are decoreated with an Americana style -- my family room is completely red, white and blue and we even do an Americana tree in this room for Christmas!!!  One of my most treasured pieces is a quilt that I made with my own two little hands a couple years back when I was in my 'quilting phase'!  It's proudly displayed on the wall behind my couch and at Christmas it gets folded and placed under the tree!



First, the template is one of Lauren Meader's - Pack a Picnic!  It's one of my favs, but I have a lot of favs from Lauren's lines!  I made the mini size this time and it's absolutely adorable!  After assembling the template, I decorated it with DSP from Webster's Pages in an apple theme.  A snippet of vintage lace that looks like Kraft, Real Red corduory buttons from SU!, button and twine from PTI and the letter "a" (for apple) chipboard piece from Basic Grey - glittered of course.  All edges are antiqued for a vintage feel!



Next, the little gift card ... some more WP DSP's, a chipboard star from SU! that I painted in white, antiqued the edges and then glittered, a handmade spiral flower with pearl center, button, twine and sentiment from PTI, vintage apple pie recipe I pulled out of an old cookbook that I picked up a couple weeks ago while antiquing, and last, but certainly not least, some 'Cake Crumbs' Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop -- looks just like Kraft!!!



I hope you enjoyed peeking at this pre-Memorial Day goodie :)

Challenges I used to create this set:

24 comments:

LeAnne said...

Sweet set--I love it all!

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh, Debbie! This is something you just "whipped up"? Looks like you've been working for days! So incredibly wonderful! Love the quilt too! You are so crafty and talented! Thanks so much for playing our JUGs color challenge! Glad you enjoyed it!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

wow, super adorable, great job...have a great day!

enjoy *~*

2amscrapper said...

great crafting!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a wonderful gift ensemble! Great use of this week's colors. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls :)

Shanda Stirk said...

Debbie - that is a really cute little basket - very well done! Thanks for playing at Stampin Royalty.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow you've been busy hunny and what gorgeous projects, i love the bags and cards. Thank you for joining the Creative Cottage challenge this week, Linda x

pattyo said...

How sweet is this, Debbie! I love Americana, also. My son's room is decorated in that style. And, of course, being a Boyds Bears collector, I just love the bear!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous creations :-) I must say ,, I do tend to avoid red/white/blue colour combo's but these are just fantastic ! :-)

thanks for joining the PTW Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Jan said...

WOW! Just beautiful! Love them all :)

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

love what you created here! The little basket is too cute with those images!

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009 said...

Wow! These creations are unreal! I love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Rebekah said...

What fabulous wrok! These are all fantastic, thanks for joining us at the creative cottage this wk hugs Rebekah x

Lisa said...

Hi Debbie, I love the whole set, very sweet! I thought it was such a unique idea to use a recipe on your card, I'm going to have to try that!

Julie said...

WOW!!! what an amazing collection x

Sarah Newman said...

Very cute! The quilt is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Stampin' Pam said...

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. You did a super job with this color palette. We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again next week.

Ashley Lydia said...

I am at a loss for words ! This set is amazing/Fantastical<(my word)/inspiring/Gorgeous!!! basically PERFECT. This is the card I see in my head and can never make lol Awesome Job!

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

Wow! What a bunch of lovely projects :-)
Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Audrey Pettit said...

So totally adorable, Debbie! You are SO multi-talented, my friend. That quilt you made is just amazing, as well as your paper crafting goodies.

Sandra Farrell said...

Great set. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

April Rose said...

What a wonderful card and basket set! I love the colors and vintage style! Thank you for joining our basket challenge at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Sam said...

Oh Debbie, this set is adorable. Love that little picnic basket and card. Love the shabby chic, vintage style.

Stampin Mindy said...

This set is adorable! I love all of it. Wonderful job!

Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.