Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pile It On! #17 - Boyish Colors!

This post has very special meaning to me for a couple of reasons ... first, it's my inaugural project submission for my brand new DT spot with the Pile It On! Weekly Challenge Blog - yippiee!!!

Second, it is the design I created for the party invitations for my youngest son's graduation from high school this June! Where does the time go??? The timing of this challenge was just perfect for me with the 'boy' colors ... I don't do 'boy' that often! Now I need 74 more of these!

My son's high school colors are dark green, dark yellow, white and gold. Perfect for the 'boyish colors' challenge!

Challenges I used to create this card:
1. Pile It On! #17 - boyish colors
2. Stampin' Royalty #17 - use punches
3. Papertake Weekly - 'different' (the masculine colors and lack of bling is different for me!)
4. Crafty Creations #65 - create your own background paper (embossed with argyle pattern)
5. Cute Card Thursday #110 - make your own element (the "G" monogram for Graduation!)
6. Mojo Monday #136 - sketch (I turned mine sideways, eleminated the bow and added an extra popped up layer for the sentiment)
Now hop on over to PIO to see what the other DT Members have created for inspiration for us all this week! Give this fun challenge a try ... I cannot wait to see what you come up with :)

4 comments:

Terrie B x said...

These are `gorgeous` way to go on your sons Graduation!!!
Congrat on your DT post:)x

Dalis said...

I was wondering if the colors where the same colors of the school, but forgot to ask you at the yahoo group. I love how it turned out, it is "elegant" but fun!

-- dalis
PIO Owner

Helen said...

Fab invite - love the emboossing!
Helen x

pattyo said...

Great "male-themed" card!