Monday, May 31, 2010

Picture Perfect Creations #15!

WOW!!!  I'm {hearting} this awesome color combo Megan chose for us all to play with this week over at the Picture Perfect Creations Challenge Blog - YUM :)


BLUSH BLOSSOM is one of my absolute all-time favorite colors because it's not a pinky-pink ... it's more of a vintage and antique pink - scrumptious.  Sadly, it's being retired at the end of June from the Stampin' Up! color family, so I've made sure to stock up on about a half dozen packs of it to last me for a good while - sigh :(  How gorgeous does the Blush look paired with Chocolate and Olive??!!



Here is my design team submission for this week's color challenge.  It was such a fun card to make!  Even though I don't like to cut out, this wasn't too bad - mostly straight cuts!  Isn't this stamp set fun ... it's the prize I won from Melissa Craig's challenge over at Tuesday Morning Sketches last week and it's called Daily Grind - a set of 35 adorable stamps!!  I LOVE it!!

I got to play with some of the new Presto Patterns papers from the SU! Summer Mini for this design.  The Blush background DSP and the Olive foreground paper are both PP papers that I colored with ink and a brayer.  I embossed the Chocolate chip CS with a Cuttlebug folder that looks like swirls of steam coming off of a hot cup of coffee!!  I topped all the Blush coloring up with *pink* glitter and wha-la! 

I'm giving this card to a very good friend of mine who is in the process of starting up her very own bakery shop.  She will be making the cake for my son's up-coming graduation party - yummylicious!!  We walked yesterday and she brought over a box of fresh baked double chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream icing.  Kinda defeats the purpose of *walking*, huh??!!??  I ate THREE of them!

Now your turn ... hop on over to the PPC Challenge Blog to be inspired by the other DT's creative designs and then give this awesome color combo a try.  I can't wait to see what you come up with.  Have FUN!

6 comments:

ScrapAddict'sAttic said...

What a fun card! Makes me feel like going to a cafe and having coffee with the girls :-)
~Paula

Nicole said...

Such a pretty card! Love what you did with that PP paper! And that image is perfect with that sentiment. Love it! :)

pattyo said...

"Sweet" card! How nice to have a friend that owns a bakery. Besides, I do think you need a reward after exercising!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Fabulous card for this color challenge! I love the scene you built.

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful card, Debbie! I really do like that color combo and what an adorable stamp set. Your friend is going to adore this card.

Nerina said...

I love the colour scheme you used with these images - not what one would expect - but it really WORKS! This is a beautiful card!