Friday, May 28, 2010

My FIRST Magnolia Stamp ...


I've been {hearting} and drooling over these adorable Magnolia stamps for the longest time and finally was able to order a set for myself thanks to my win two weeks ago at Pile It On!.  I used the gift certificate I won from Simon Says Stamp for four Magnolia stamps -- here you see the girlie and the garden gate!

I have always admired all the creations I see around blog land made using these yummy stamps, but after this card, I have a brand new appreciation for the detail work that goes into such a design!  This card took me a few hours to make ... which usually is NOT the case.  I can usually pull off - even the fussiest of vintage cards - in much shorter time.  There was a lot of coloring, cutting and glittering that went into this cutie pie, but it was worth it in the end -- she's magnificant and will surely have to find the perfect home to live in with one of my special friends :)

In order for the card to 'live up to' the gorgeousness of the stamp set, I just kept adding elements to my design.  I wish I knew of a challenge this week whose theme was 'add as many embellies as you can fit on the card' ... this one would sure be in the runnning!!  I know Kazan probably was going for a CAS design with her linear lined sketch this week at 2S4Y, but I just couldn't help myself!  I began with the left side of the fence and the girl for the two rectangle elements, but then the card looked lopsided, so I added the right side of the fence.  The pink satin ribbon didn't look 'finished' until I added some flowers, trinket pin, leaves, pearls and pink glitter (of course).  Then the final touch was the glittered and spritzed with a pink marker paper doilie -- it looks like a sidewalk of sorts that the girlie is walking onto out of the garden!

BTW ... the background paper is Core'dinations Cardstock (not DSP) ... embossed and sanded - YUM!

Okay, enough babbling ... but I'm very happy to have completed a design with my very first Magnolia Set!

Challenges:

19 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

How sweet this is, Debbie! Your attention to detail here really shows. Love all the little touches to your stamped image.

shelly said...

hi debbie what a sweet card! it definety shows you put alot of love and effort into this. thank you for sharing in my challenge this week over at craftycreations :) shelly

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a cute image! Nice work! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

pattyo said...

Love this, Debbie! I love to see a lot of embelling and you always do it perfectly!

mommy2lou said...

FIRST....I LOVE THE SOCKS!

Ok, that said, what an adorable card. very clever with the pearls!
Thanks so much for joining in at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Terrie B x said...

Hi Debbie,Your card is simply `beautiful`
I am sure it`s just the start of those Magnolia`s!!!!TFI
Have a lovely Sunday :)xxx

Rebekah said...

This is lovely! I love hoe you have used the doily, thanks for joining us at the creative cottage challenge blog this wk Hugs Rebekah xx

Graphicat said...

Aw adorable!! love the ribbon along the bottom, it's perfect

thanks for joining us at Stamptacular this week.
Cheers
Cheri

Stacey Schafer said...

super sweet, Debbie! thanks for sharing this at the Curtain Call!

Kazan Clark said...

this is so pretty - I love the way she is standing between the posts
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

craftyb said...

welcome to the world of Magnolia!! lol Tilda is soooo pretty....love your colours....thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations! bx

tracy said...

such a sweet card so pretty, love the image and papers. Thanks for joining this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge. Tracy x

Stampin Mindy said...

Just Beautiful! I love these images and the doily and flower are so cute!

Thanks for playing at Fussy and Fancy.

Cheryl Nelson said...

perfectly darling! love the use of the doily!!

Heather Jensen said...

She is just super sweet Debbie! Thanks for playing at CCCB. :)

Justine said...

Well this is certainly FUSSY & FANCY so it fits our Criteria and of course our Recipe Challenge to. BEAUTIFULLY FANCY. We will have our next challenge posted on FRIDAY ;o)

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations with your fab creation - another beautiful card - lovely!Cheers Claire x

Annie said...

such a pretty card with cute tilda!
thanks for joining us at CCT.
hugs, annie x

April Rose said...

What a gorgeous Tilda card! I love the colors and details! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April