Sunday, May 9, 2010

Little Bundle of Joy!



I hope all the moms out there had a wonderful day -- celebrating with your loved ones and enjoying your children!! My day was lovely ... my youngest son woke me this morning with made from scratch chocolate chip pancakes and juice (HE'S 18 years old) -- such a sweetie!  There were some wonderful gifts and then the four of us (hubby and two sons) went out to dinner together.  In between, the guys played golf and Mom got to spend some time in her craft room - HEAVEN!!




I am co-hosting a baby shower this Saturday for one of my closest friends.  She is such a lovely person and will make an incredible mom - this will be her first and she's expecting a baby GIRL!  Living in a house with three men, I just adore when I get to make pink and frilly things!  I was in my element today!



Among some other things I've been assigned to make and bring for the shower, I wanted to handmake something really special and personal for my friend ... the baby will be getting lots of goodies at the shower and in the up-coming weeks, but I wanted to make this just for the mom-to-be!


I set to work and here's what I came up with:  one of Lauren Meader's My Time Made Easy templates - Bouncing Baby Buggy that can hold a variety of small treasures; a card just for mommy (which is actually a pocket card) and a book mark that mommy can use to mark the pages of all those baby books she will no doubt be reading in the months to come!

What do you think???






I simply {adore} making templates, and especially Lauren's templates ... they are amazing.  I can hardly believe that she keeps coming up with these 3-dimensional ideas month after month.  Her creativity is endless, so it seems.  This design is one of my favorites to date (Homemade is my all-time favorite!) and I'm so glad I got a chance to play with it for this very special baby who will be here in July!


I was able to load up on everything frilly and pretty!  Lots of lace, satin ribbons, satin flowers, bling-y brads, pearls and candy dots here!  The card and bookmark have more of these yummy embellies plus some gorgeous stamps, a crumpled paper doilie and some yummy die cut shapes!  The pictures hardly even do this gift set justice ... it's absolutely precious in person!  I want to keep it for myself, but I must give it away.  Maybe make a duplicate for me??!!??

So CUTE!

Challenges I used to create this precious little set:

1.  JUGS #32 - technique challenge: pocket card*
2.  The Shabby Tea Room #8 - Get Your Bling On
3.  Stampin' Royalty #18 - anything but a card
4.  Fussy & Fancy #10 - 3-D basket
5.  KL Stampin' N' Scrappin' #29 - 1 ribbon, 2 DSP's, 3 embellies
6.  The Play Date Cafe #28 - color/black, white, pink, grey
7.  Crafty Creations #66 - magical
8.  Pile It On! #18 - cute and cuddly

*I'm also submitting this for the JUGS DT call!

I hope you've enjoyed peeking at my sweet Mother's Day creation :)

45 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

These projects are awesome! Your friend will love them!

june lanum said...

beautiful Debbie each one is prettier than the one before. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers Day, and got a lot of papercrafting done. The love shows in it....................

Anna said...

Wonderful project!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty Debbie! So girly & frilly! Thank you for your interest in the JUGS DT :) Good luck!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

OMGoodness! What a beautiful buggy! Such detail you have added to it. This must have been fun to make and it shows. Good luck on the DT call at JUGS!

Evgenia said...

adorable!

Shanda Stirk said...

What a lucky friend you have - these are really stunning! The detail, lace and colors are amazing! Thanks for playing with us again at Stampin' Royalty!

Sarah Newman said...

I love the buggy! It is just too cute! Your friend is very lucky! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stampin' Royalty!

Stampin' Pam said...

Wow Debbie- This is beyond amazing. What a gorgeous way to honor a soon to be new mother. I'm sure she'll be tickled pink. Thanks for sharing all your details - I love the frills, bling, ruffles, lace etc. Thanks for your interest in JUGS. Good luck :-)

craftyb said...

WOW...absolutely fantastic....the little pram is awesome....so much detail in it...I'm sure the mom-to-be will be thrilled with these presents! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations this week! bx

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! What a fantastic assortment of gifts and card! Lovely! Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

Nicole said...

Great projects Debbie! I'm sure "she" will cherish them! :)

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

Wow this is gorgeous! I just love that buggy :-)
Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

Birgit said...

Wow! All the effort you put into making the card and the baby buggy-just beautiful and she will love it

artfuldelight said...

That is the cutest basket ever! The whole project is beautiful!

BethieJ said...

Debbie this is DARLING I LOVE the whole set!!!
Thanks for joining us at PIO! (wink wink!! :) )

Ceal said...

WOWZERS! what an adorable project!thanks again for sharing with us at KLSNS

Katie said...

Debbie,
What a fabulous set!!!
Thanks for Piling It On :)

Sandra Farrell said...

Wow - I've seen these little baby carriages before, but never with so much detail! You really rocked this challenge!! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin Royalty.

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this is the cutest baby set, nicely done...have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

pattyo said...

Wow, Debbie! Your friend will adore this!

Katie Cotton said...

this is darling!!!

Lori said...

These are soooooo adorable!!! Thanks for playing along at Fussy and Fancy!
Love and hugs ~
Lori

ellen s. said...

that is amazing!

Sarah Anderson said...

such a frilly, girly project - thanks for playing along with us at the playdate cafe :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOOOOOOOW--I can't say much more than this is BEAUTIFUL and CREATIVE and STUNNING and WOWOWOWOWOWOW! I love it! Great job all around--everything has so much detail! Fabulous:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

~Christina~ said...

WOW ... this project is beyond awesome!!!!!

If you would be interested in giving a new challenge blog a try, I would love to see how it inspires you :) It's multi-craft friendly, so scrappers, digi scrappers and card makers alike are welcome to play along. You can check it out at: Scrap It With a Song

Ruby said...

Wow!!! These are absolutely beautiful! Love everything about them! I bet you were in your element where you were making girly things for a change! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe! :)

Lisa Kind said...

Debbie, all I can say is "WOW"!!! I'm at a loss for more words! Thanks for entering this in our DT call!

Andrea M said...

Debbie! This is gorgeous! What a fantastic gift set and the colors are perfect! What a lovely gift for a new arrival!

Tangii said...

Soooo pretty! Love those colors and all of the details! The charm is perfect!

Stampin Mindy said...

This is breathtakingly gorgeous! Amazing work!

Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!

Jacki Randolph said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!!!
Thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy!

rhonda said...

wow! what a beautiful job! i love all your details! i'm sure your friend will be thrilled to receive something so full of love ! great job!

Jodi said...

This is absolutely gorgeous ~ I love this whole set! Thanks for entering in my challenge once again at KLSNS this week!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Beautiful creations, Debbie! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Maria Levine said...

WOW! This set is amazing! Very girly and lovely! Thanks so much for submitting to the JUGS DT Call

Scrappy said...

Oh how cute is this project! So creative!Thanks for Piling it On with us this week! We hope you'll join us again next week!

April Rose said...

Wow, what a beautiful gift set--I love every frilly pink detail! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Nana said...

Gorgeous set, Debbie! Love the touch of black you added. Thank you for joining us at "PIO" on the both sides this week. :)
hugs Nana

Kristin said...

This is BEYOND gorgeous! I love your blog, your work, and well, just you! You're fabulous! Thanks for commenting on my JUGS win!

Helen said...

This is fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Illy said...

Your creations are so cute and elegant! Tres chic.
Thank you for playing with us at Pile it on!

Dalis said...

holy mother of goodness debbie... you take the cake!

- dalis

Jennifer said...

Wow, the project is prefect for Fussy and Fancy. I love it! Thanks for playing at FNF.