Friday, May 14, 2010

KL Stampin' N' Scrappin' - #30!

This week's challenge theme for KL Stampin' N' Scrappin' #30 is - 'Animal-Riffic - Let's show our furry friends some love' and Risa is our lovely host!



This is my design submission for the Animal-Riffic Challenge!  This one asked me to step out of my comfort zone ... it's not my usual 'shabby chic' piled high with flowers and pearls, but that's why they call them a challenge, right??!!  I still managed to ink and shabby all the edges of the papers, use some glitter, stickles and distress crackle paint and, of course, some 'Rose Petal Cupcake' Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop

Kelly supplied us DT gals with the cutest stamps and most awesome goodies for the month of May!  I had a ball sorting through everything to pick out just the right elements to incorporate into this week's design.  What do ya' think??


Jump Into My Pouch stamp (Stampavie); Mini Roses (Prima); Porcelain DSP (Basic Grey).

** Now available in the KLSNS On-Line Store:  select colors of my Shabby Vintage Seam Binding! **

Other supplies:  Baby Button Bits stamp set, buttons, twine (PTI); Tattered Rose Ranger Distress Crackle Paint (painted on top of the Prima flowers); Cotton Candy Stickles; leaves (Prima); polka dot embossing folder, stampin' pastels, Bordering Blue, Very Vanilla & Regal Rose CS, glitter, Soft Suede ink (SU!); nesties dies; antique vintage yo-yo.

Sketch is compliments of Card Patterns #63 this week!

Now your turn!!  Hop on over to KLSNS to see what other wonderful inspiration the DT gals have for you all this week and give this fun 'Animal-Rific' challenge a try!  I can't wait to see what you create!

Happy Stampin'  :)

4 comments:

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Looks terrific, Debbie! I was wondering if those primas were the ones I had sent you . . did you color or bleach them? I was thinking about brushing a little bleach on my darker ones to see if I could get a lighter color out of them. Love the shabby chic look you gave this image. :) Kelly

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Cute one! You make everything looks good!

Jacilynn said...

super cute! Love the colors and the vintage feel. you always rock the vintage cards. great job girl.
x

Ceal said...

very pretty and shabby (: I just love this style