Saturday, May 8, 2010

KL Stampin' N' Scrappin' #29!


Here is my first DT submission for the KL Stampin' N' Scrappin' weekly challenge blog!! I couldn't be any more excited that Kelly invited me to join her fun DT!!! Jodi is our awesome host this week and the theme of the challenge is: 1-2-3 ... 1 ribbon, 2 DSP's and 3 embellies -- how FUN is that! YUM!
The May DT packets that Kelly shipped out to us contained so many adorable and beautiful goodies for us to share with you all ... stay tuned to my blog all this month for more delicious goodies straight from the KLSNS Shope :) Simply SCRUMPTIOUS!!!
How cute is that sweet little girlie and her puppy??!! Reminds me of myself and my toy poodle, Hershey! I put my signature shabby and vintage spin on this design by distressing the edges of the DSP, inking the edges of all the papers with Soft Suede ink, adding some vintage seam binding and a beautiful vintage key brad (I cut the prongs off of the back of the brad and tied the key onto the seam binding)!

Supplies used from the KLSNS On-Line Shop: Porcelain patterned papers (Basic Grey); Mini Roses (Prima); Sarah Kay - Puppy Love stamp (Stampavie); metal vintage brads.
COMING SOON to the KLSNS On-Line Shop -- my Shabby Vintage Seam Binding in select colors ... watch for it soon :)

Other supplies: Vintage Winter White Shabby Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop; pearl (Kaiser), Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss, Tempting Turquoise & Whisper White CS, glitter, pastels, markers, large bird punch (SU!); scalloped doilie border punch (Martha Stewart); small scalloped border punch (EK Success); sentiment (PTI).

Challenges I used for this design:

1. KL Stampin' N' Scrappin' #29 - 1, 2, 3/1 ribbon, 2 DSP's, 3 embellies
2. CPS #165 - sketch
3. Color Throwdown #91 - colors/Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss
4. Stamptacular Sunday - image of lady for Mother's Day & stamping
5. The Pink Elephant #65 - Mother's Day

Now hop on over to the KLSNS challenge blog to see the wonderful inspiration from the other DT Members and give this FUN 1-2-3 challenge a try :) I can't wait to see what you all create!

9 comments:

Evgenia said...

Your crad is gorgeous! Congratulations on joining the team!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

How sweet your card is. Love the cozy feeling it has.

pattyo said...

This card makes me smile!!

Ceal said...

once again love your card! so sweet

Lea L. said...

This is so sweet and whimsical! Love the soft colors and feel of it! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Carolyn said...

What a fabulous card. The image is darling, a little Holly Hobby. Beautiful colors and designed so beautifully. Thanks for joining us at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Oohh, so lovely, Debbie! :) I love the seam binding and the key brad off to the side and the way you stamped/colored the image too. GREAT vintage look.

Candace said...

This is gorgeous, Debbie! Hope you have a great week! :)

Broni said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown!