Friday, May 28, 2010

friends ....


My good friend, Susan, brought me some home baked cupcakes the other day, so I've made this little card to give to her in appreciation!  It doens't seem like a fair trade ... yummy cupcakes you can EAT for a piece of paper??!!??  Oh well, I think she'll like it!

I also want to give a shout out to my stampy friend, Sarah Martina, for her inspiration today with the card she submitted over at The Shabby Tea Room ... while chatting with her today, she shared a technique with Core'dinations cardstock, embossing and sanding, so I had to give it a try!  My prize from the Caardvarks win here was a gi-normous package of Core'dinations CS - it'll take me forever to use it all - yippiee!  Anywhooo, I cut a piece that looked like Razzleberry, embossed it with a large polka dot plate (love me some polka dots!) and then sanded it down to reveal the pink color underneath.  How cool is that???

This card was made totally with only cardstock -- I embossed it, sanded it, stamped it and embellished it!

Challenges I used for this card:

16 comments:

june lanum said...

this F stands for fabulous

pattyo said...

Pretty card! I think your friend will love it because it was made from the heart. You can't put a value on that!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Pretty! Glad you join us again here at CCCB!

Davi said...

Very pretty Im sure that your friend will love this!

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009 said...

Debbie, this is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week. Great work!

Shanda Stirk said...

It's amazing to me how you all make one card match so many challenges. This is a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with us again at Stampin' Royalty.

Sarah Newman said...

Very pretty! I really love the layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

craftyb said...

so pretty...love your colours....thanks for playing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, cardstock only.....that is tough for me, but you did a fabulous job. Love that embossed and sanded background and the fabulous sentiment.

Michele Gross said...

pretty card! I love that stamp set...not as much as homebaked cupcakes but its close! ;) Such a sweet return for such a sweet kindness :D

Donna said...

Another beautiful card and such a pretty choice of colours and flowers! Thanks for joining in the fun at The Creative Cottage this week :) Donna x

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

CUTE! I love what you did with this weeks colour challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us Stampin' Royalty!

Cheryl Nelson said...

very pretty! love the monogram!

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations with your fab creation!Cheers Claire x

Sandra Farrell said...

Wow, you did a great job with the colours. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Annie said...

I love this colour combination and such a stylish card for your friend.
thanks for joining us at CCT.
hugs, annie x