Sunday, May 2, 2010

Cosmo Cricket meets the JUGS Girlies!

Oh my scrappy, happy day!! My hubby and youngest son left early this morning for a golf tournament about 3 hours from our house. My son's high school team placed in 1st place for the conference this season - first time in 40 years with the golf program at this school. He is a senior this year, so it's really a big deal for him ... and he also finished in 1st place overall individual for the conference as well! If they place in tomorrow's regional tourney, they'll make it to states!


So, long story short ... I find myself 'home alone' today and tomorrow with a whole lot of 'me' time on my hands. What to do??? Paper craft OF COURSE!!!

While checking in with some of my favorite blog sites, I found two exciting challenges going on right now. First, the fun girlies over at Just Us Girls are hosting a DT Call! All you have to do is make a 3-D template project and then a card based on the sketch they provided! FUN :)


Second one is a color challenge over at Cosmo Cricket - they are hosting a give-away of goodies from one of their brand new lines just released last Monday - yummy :)

Isn't this such a pretty picture and color scheme? It just speaks of summer time -- and it's 90 degrees here in NC today, so it sure feels like summer time outside!!! Those cherries look good enough to eat right off my computer monitor! I had the perfect Cosmo Cricket papers in my stash that I had picked up at my LSS a couple weeks ago, so I decided to partner Cosmo Cricket with JUGS and this is the {sweet} little gift set that I created!! What do ya'll think??


I filled it up and piled it high with lots of delicious paper crafting supplies -- will make the perfect gift set for one of my favorite stampy friends for her birthday :) Isn't this card simply precious? I {heart} these papers! I even handmade the three sweet, little flowers on the bottom of the card out of coordinating DSP from CC! The yellow centers are candy dots from Pebbles!



So, for the challenge purposes, I removed all the gifties inside the 'Trendy Tool Tote" so you could actually see how the template came out without distraction. This is a brand new template Lauren Meader just released yesterday - love it, love it ... {heart} it a LOT!

I'm also submitting this to Caardvarks for their current challenge - although my gift set is not monochromatic, it IS a creative use of cardstock, for sure :)
Here are the supplies I used to create my design:
Cardstock: Vintage Creme - PTI
DSP: Girl Friday, Cheerful Charlie, Material Girl - Cosmo Cricket
Stamp Sets: Signature Greetings, Round & Round - Anniversary Edition - PTI
Ink: Real Red, Summer Sun, Taken with Teal - SU!
Accessories: Oatmeal Cream Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop; candy dots - Pebbles; buttons & twine - PTI; Real Red corduory buttons and 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, scalloped edge punch - SU!; vintage trim - Prima; antique yo-yo's from my stash; circle, scalloped circle and oval dies - nestabilities.
I hope your all having an enjoyable, stampy day :)

15 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Oh My! Your 'toolbox' and card are gorgeous, cute and so county/homey looking! I love them! And you say there are yo-yo's in there? I know I love those little flowers at the bottom of your card. Sweet!

pattyo said...

Fabulous gift! Your friend will adore it!

~Christina~ said...

If you would be interested in giving a new challenge blog a try, I would love to see how it inspires you :) You can check it out at: Scrap It With a Song

~Christina~ said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeou :) :) :)

Stampin' Pam said...

Debbie these are magnificent. I love the color combo you chose and the way you can blend so many elements is just amazing to me. Your 3D flowers and lace go so well together!And that toe full of goodies! WOW what a lucky craftin' friend! Thanks for expressing your interest in the JUGS DT call. :-)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a fun gift ensemble Debbie! Love all the detail! Thank you for entering the Just Us Girls DT call - Good Luck :)

Danderella said...

Debbie these are gorgeous! Who would have thought of a tool box out of paper!

PapierGirl said...

This is a winner in my book! Just darling and I was thinking how I would love to be the friend to receive this gift! ;) xx Cathy

Debbie Olson said...

This is a gorgeous piece--thanks for sharing it!

Alicia said...

This gift is just wonderful....fantastic job!

Dana Gustafson said...

Deb! What a great gift set! YOur friend is a lucky birthday girl. I love your hand made ouches from shabby ribbon to paper flowers. Thanks so much for submitting your great project for the Just Us GIrls DT call.

Andrea M said...

Wow! What a fantastic set with absolutely amazing touches. What a special gift :) There are so many interesting details in your creations!

Katie Cotton said...

this is just stunning!

Tangii said...

Wowzers! What a great set! I love all the details and the colors and just everything about it! Great job!!

Maria Levine said...

Wow, what a fantastic set! Love the style and you did an amazing job with Lauren's template! Thanks so much for submitting your work for the JUGS DT call.