Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tea For Two!!

I am just in {love} with this sweet little vintage girl-ie tea party image! Makes me want to invite my best girls over and have a little tea party of our own!! This was a really fun card to make - lots of my favorites on here :)

I was bummed when I tried to link my project yesterday for TPDC challenge - black, white & orange - you'll see here and I realized I had missed the deadline for submissions. This past week has been hectic with my youngest son's prom, work, husband changing jobs, work, 3 stamp clubs and ... LIFE getting in the way of my stampy time - GEEZE ... what is that all about???

I was determined to get my project submitted this week and beat the deadline -- I don't think I've missed a week in the Cafe since I found their neat challenge blog several months ago :(

I used DSP's from Cosmo Cricket (sponsoring the prize over at The Shabby Tea Room next week!) and K & Co, Tea For Two stamp set from PTI, paper doilie that I spritzed with silver shimmer mist from SU!, trinket pin from Maya Road, leaves from Prima, metal tag from SU! and some Oatmeal Cream Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy shop. The 3 sweet little paper roses are handmade using the spiral technique and then I spritzed them with some Turquoise Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels.

So, here are the challenges I used to create this little sweetie pie:

1. The Play Date Cafe #26 - color/silver or gray, cream, clay & turquoise
2. Card Patterns #60 - sketch
3. Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog #22 - sewing (I sewed the lace doilie border to the card base)
4. KL Stampin' & Scrappin' #26 - bling!

17 comments:

Faye said...

I am just in love with your card, it is divine. Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin. x

Michele said...

Lovely card - such a cute image!

Julie Ranae said...

Debbie...this is a really sweet card and a perfect interpretation of the colors over in The Cafe.

So sorry you missed the deadline for the 'color splash' challenge...am just heading over to see your creation now : )

We appreciate your support of the challenge all these months!

dstandard said...

Debbie this is just charming! So pretty! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

pattyo said...

I love this card, Debbie! Makes me want to have a tea party, too!! Where do you find these adorable vintage images?

Stephanie Kraft said...

Such a sweet vintage creation, Debbie! Love your rolled flowers.. Thanks for joining us the Cafe this week!!

Linda Robinson said...

Your card is georgeous. I love the sweet little image you used!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Sweet image, love the lacy bg piece. Thanks for joining us at KL Stampin N Scrappin for Risa's bling challenge. Hugs, Kel :)

Risa said...

What a gorgeous card! Your image is beautiful and your detailing is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS!
hugs
Risa:)

Mrs. Jones said...

I have been following your blog for probably a month now. Your creations are very pretty... I love layers and shabby and vintage! (Maybe we are sisters?? Just kidding.)

I have to ask... Where do you find all your sweet vintage images? I am guessing it's somewhere on the web but I just have to know! Unless of course it's a secret then I will just pine in silence. :)

whoistracy said...

Debbie this is adorable! Love that vintage image.

PapierGirl said...

Deb this card is precious! I love the sweet little image and would love to see how you made those flowers! You are one busy woman - I don't know how you fit everything into one week! :)

Suzanne C said...

Sweet image and the lovely vintage flowers and accents. Glad you made the cut-off for the challenge this week!

Ruby said...

Ah, this is so cute. I love the little flowers you've used and the vintage feel of your card. Glad you managed to play along with us this week!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a wonderful vintage image! The flowers are a wonderful embellishment. Thanks for playing at the PCDD.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--this is a perfect combo for our color challenge! Super cute image! Love it love it love it:) Thanks for always playing along with us at the PDCC!

(so sorry you missed last week!)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful card! I can see why you love that cute image. Thanks so much for your continual support at the PDCC :)