Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring is Here!

A bright and spring-y card for ya' all today! I'm in such a good mood today - the sun is shinning, it's in the 80's, the trees are blooming ... AND my {beloved} Duke Devils WON the NCAA National Championship Basketball Game last night!!! I'm glued to the TV in my stamp room this afternoon watching all the live coverage of the team and Coach K coming back to town and the live celebration over at Cameron Stadium! Wish I were there - the campus is only 25 minutes from my house, but all my boys are working and in school ... didn't want to go by myself!

My husband already went to the campus this morning to get us all N'Championship T-shirts!! We're a 'big' Duke house here and so proud of those boys!!! They played their hearts out :) My oldest son is in college now studying Bio-Medical Engineering with the intent to continue onto Medical School after ... his dream is to go to Duke since he was about 8 years old!! We'll see -- so many great medical schools here in NC!

Oh, yeah ... the CARD!!! Here are the challenges I used to create this little beauty:

1. Mojo Monday #133 - sketch
2. Picture Perfect Creations #7 - color combo; tempting turquoise, chocolate chip, very vanilla
3. The Pink Elephant #61 - nature/spring theme
4. Crafty Creations #61- wild card
5. Just Add Ink #11 - wild card

I hope you're all having a wonderful, stampy day :)

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Cute card! Love the layout and color combo! I'm off to try that sketch challenge right now! :)

li-bee-ti said...

Lovely card! Congrats on the basetball winning!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just lovely. Beautiful card.

pattyo said...

Pretty card! The first thing my son did this morning was grab the newspaper and was so thrilled Duke won!

tina... said...

SO SO pretty. I love your color palette. Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!

Danielle Daws said...

Very sweet. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!