Monday, April 12, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room - Week #5!


WOW ... it's Week #5 already over at The Shabby Tea Room! Time sure flies when you're having fun -- and we're having a ton of fun in the Tea Room :) It's so nice to see so many people enjoying the challenges and submitting designs ... such creativity and inspiration!!!
This week's challenge is called 'It's Hip To Be Square' and we were challenged to make a card using {lots} of squres ... the more the better! I found this pretty vintage quilt picture for inspiration -- full of squares! Our hostest with the mostest is Nicole this week and she put together a fun prize package for one lucky winner!
This is my submission for the challenge this week. I have SIXTEEN squres in my design ... can you find them all? (Some are a bit hidden under all those lovely embellies!) I also used a brand new Shabby Vintage Seam Binding color in this design - Strawberry Shortcake! You can find this and 4 other new colors listed in my Etsy Shop.

Now your turn ... see how many squares you can incorporate into your design and submit it over at The Shabby Tea Room!!
Please vist all the other DT Members blogs to check out their amazing work too:
Audrey Pettit - Audrey Pettit's Weblog
Jill Hilliard - Jill's Card Creations
Melissa Hubert - My Paper Obsession
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations
Enjoy :)

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Very pretty, Debbie! Love all of that pink-goodness! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

I just adore your card this week, Debbie! Really, really fabulous work. Love the color combo and love all the detailing. You truly excelled at the "hip to be square" challenge, too. I only got 11 squares on my project. ;)

Isabella's Sketchbook said...

Beautiful card!

LeAnne said...

Beautiful!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh my beautiful pinkness! I love this! Your newest shabby binding color is delicious and I love your embellies piled high...so romantic! Thank you for including me this week as your guest designer. It was an honor and a pleasure!

pattyo said...

Beautiful card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a sweet looking card with all the different pink pattern paper. I love the ribbon and the rose added to it. Very pretty!

PapierGirl said...

Deb - just lovin' all the details in your card. Pink, flowers and shabby ribbon - I don't think you missed a thing! I saw all your new shades of ribbon and I will definetly be by for some more! :)

Cathy xx