Monday, April 5, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room - Week #4!


This week's challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room - Week #4 is called 'Embrace the White' and we are being challenged to create a card or project with white or ivory and only one other subtle color. I decided to make a Mother's Day card for this challenge and put my usual vintage spin on it!
I used Very Vanilla and Soft Suede CS with a couple pieces of shimmery patterned paper from DCWV. I spritzed the paper doilie, scalloped circle punched out of vintage sheet music paper, the paper flowers and leaves with Gold Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels to give them a bit of ageing and shimmer. The vellum butterfly was cut with SU's embosslit and the stamped 'M' is from Jane's Typed Alphabet set. The Shabby Vintage Winter White Seam Binding came from my Etsy shop, trinket pin from Maya Road and then some scrap trims from my baskets.
Please visit the other DT member blogs to see what they created this week for the Tea Room:
Audrey Pettit - Audrey Pettit's Weblog
Jill Hilliard - Jill's Card Creations
Melissa Hubert - My Paper Obsession
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations
Now your turn ... let's see what you come up with for The Shabby Tea Room's Embrace the White Challenge!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Great job, Debbie! Love the subtle color combo. Great job with this week's challenge! :)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Absolutely LOVE this -- it is SO yummy and shabby -- totally COOL!!!

iReneM said...

Oh my!! this is so absolutely gorgeous.
Flowers, ribbon, lace...all my favourites.
A totally stunning creation.

I hope I have found a source for seam binding in the UK :-) ...tho probably not as nice as yours, I am waiting delivery

x

pattyo said...

Oh, Debbie! This card is gorgeous!

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful job with this week's challenge. Love all the detail!

Ashley Lydia said...

How beautiful your card is !!!! It is so delicate and SHABBBY. I am in love with this one!