Monday, April 26, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room #7!



Wow, time is just flying by. It's hard to believe, but we are {already} up to week #7 over at The Shabby Tea Room! This week Audrey is our host and she chose a wonderful theme for us all to play along with - 'Comforts of Home' inspired by this gorgeous photo of simply scrumptious vintage linens on an antique cart .... loooooooove it to pieces!


This challenge came for me at the just the perfect time ... I spent a lovely day on Saturday with my best guy at an antique show that comes to our area twice per year! We never miss it - every April and September :) It's an out-door event, rain or shine and has over 500 vendors each show! For those of us who like antiques and vintage ... it's like a little slice of heaven! Many of the vintage and antique pieces of furniture in my home have been loveingly shopped for and purchased over the years from vendors at this show!
I did manage to go with a 'wish list' in mind so as to not make it completely overwhelming for myself! I'm like a kid in a candy shop!!! I wanted to pick up some sort of vintage wicker table to replace a table I had out on my wrap around porch that I brought up to my stamp room when I remodeled this past fall. I got the piece that I removed from the porch and moved up to my craft room from the Liberty Antique Show too!
I did find 'just the right' antique wicker piece to fit my spot, in very good condition and made the deal! I also added a bonus piece to my porch collection ... a gorgeous, heart back shaped {pink} wicker chair!
Now, onto my card for this week's challenge! I also was luckly enough to 'score' a bag full of vintage snipets along with some vintage recips books!!! It worked in my favor when negotiating a price with the vendors when I told them I wanted their best price since I was going to cut everything up to make cards with!! One vendor looked perplexed and the other vendor just smiled!! She knew exactly what I had in mind for these lovely treasures!
So on my card for this week's submission at The Shabby Tea Room, I used some vintage yo-yo circles I cut off of a quilt and a recipe page from an old cookbook with the yummiest looking meringue pie! The gorgeous DSP is from Webster's Pages, buttons & twine from PTI and the Shabby Vintage Seam Binding is 'Rose Beige Glitter' from my Etsy Shop!
These are some of my favorite 'Comforts of Home' ... family, food and lots of shabby goodness!
Hop on over to the other Design Team Member blogs for some more delicious inspiration:
Audrey Pettit - Audrey Pettie's Weblog - host week #7
Jill Hilliard - Jill's Card Creations
Melissa Hubert - My Paper Obsession
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations
Now your turn!!! I'm excited to see what YOUR 'Comforts of Home' are!

2 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, I love the Liberty antique show. I've only been one time, but it truly stuck in my mind. I personally hit the flea market this past weekend in search of pretties. ;)
Love your card this week. You know I love that paper, and how cool that you mixed it with an old recipe book and some quilt yo-yos. Love the seam binding bow, too.
Great job!

Nicole said...

Great card, Debbie. It is a very home-y feeling card. Love the seam binding!