Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Paper Roses for Mom ...


We learned how to make these GORGEOUS paper roses last night at stamp club -- thanks Amy! We used the Large Flower punch in the Occasions Mini, distressed the cardstock, punched out 5 flowers for these 2 roses, used the spritzing tool to add texture and depth and then proceeded to cut, fold, curl and paste. They were pretty tedious ... but SO worth the end result!! I just love them to pieces! I added some more yummy embellies and will give this bookmark as a Mother's Day present, although I think my MIL will want to hang it somewhere for display rather than use it in a book as a page saver :)
Challenges for this project:
1. JUGS #29 - color/pink, green, lavender & optional yellow

12 comments:

Maria Levine said...

WOW! LOVE THIS! Fabulous job! You used just the large flower punch, I have to try this! TFS and thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week.

Stampin' Pam said...

ACK! This is gorgeous - I am a sucker for flowers of any kind but I love this paper flower - are there instructions anywhere for how to do it? What a FAB gift - do you need my address??? LOL LOL Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. We appreciate your support!

Diane Jaquay said...

Gorgeous tag Debbie!

Deb said...

beautiful card, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Sue Lelli said...

I want to learn how to make these flowers, too! They, and your tag, are just FABULOUS!

pattyo said...

Beautiful roses,Debbie. I just learned how to make a smaller version. It is time consuming but so worth it!

Andrea M said...

OMG! This is stunning!!!! I absolutely adore it - WOW, WOW and WOW! Great job girl :)

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

oooh, yess, they definitely look worth it!! Stunning flowers. Thanks for joining us at KL Stampin N Scrappin for Risa's bling challenge. Hugs, Kel :)

Risa said...

Your tag is stunning! I love all the beautiful details....totally gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS!
hugs
Risa:)

Kathryn B said...

Congrats on your win Debbie! It's well deserved that is a stunning tag with those flowers!!! WOW! ;0)

susana said...

That flower is gorgeous !!!!!!!!, you should teach us how to do it !!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful tag! Those flowers are gorgeous! Congrats on the win at JUGS - so well deserved!