Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Monochromatic Pretty in Pink!

Another sweet creation for you all today! I {heart} this design all in shades of *pink*! I got to use some of my brand new Girls' Paperie patterned papers and stamps delivered a couple days ago while my company was here - yummy :) A bit of Melissa Frances DSP and some CS and stamps from SU! too.

The 'creative' use of cardstock and papers was - I stamped the GP ruler stamp in Soft Suede onto the pink polka dotted paper to create a handmade DSP strip and then cut it out. I stamped the clock onto another piece of pink patterned paper and cut it out - giving it a vintage feel. The flower is punched using a Tim Holtz die and pink ledger papers - I inked the edges to create a vintage feel. I also inked and distressed all the edges of the card base and background papers to give them a tattered and vintage feel.

Challenges I used to create this design:

1. The Sweetest Thing #66 - sketch
2. Caardvarks - new card, monochromatic & creative use of cardstock
3. Papertake Weekly - 'different' - created my own DSP's
4. Crafty Creations #65 - create your own DSP
5. Our Creative Corner - blossoms
6. Paper Sundaes #15 - 3 DSP's, 2 CS's, 1 flower
7. Stampin' Royalty #17 - punches

8 comments:

Nicole said...

So pretty! Love the monochromatic look of this! Great card.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Nice card. My favorite part is the flower under the clock face.

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

Another amazing card! Thanks again for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty. :-)

Sarah Newman said...

Another pretty card! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Danderella said...

Wow, another gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes.

ellen s. said...

gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Ive been into cardmaking lately. Thanks for the ideas!

june lanum said...

gorgeous, as usual