Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hey there ... Cupcake!


Absolutely {adorable} is what comes to mind when I finished this card and stepped back to take a peek at it! Scrumptious and yummy as well!!!

I used lots of delicious goodies on this design including patterned cupcake theme papers from DCWV, paper flowers & leaves from Prima, buttons & twine from PTI, satin flowers from Offray, glittered scalloped border from Doodlebug Designs and 'Pink Bubblegum' Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop! The picture doesn't even do this sweet little confection justice ... so sparkly and pretty IRL!

I also have some exciting news ... I used a challenge theme for this card entitled 'Cupcake' from a brand new weekly challenge blog called City Crafters Challenge Blog! Who can resist CUPCAKES??!!??

The design team has a few of my bloggy friends on it and they have invited me to be a Guest Designer with them the week of May 4th ... so mark your calendars and stay tuned! They have a really fab challenge planned for us all during week #3!!! I'll also be a sponsor for them that week with my Etsy shop and I'll be offering 12 yards of Shabby Vintage Seam Binding as the prize for the challenge winner that week :)

Lots of good stuff ... be sure to check them out and play!

Challenges I used for this design:

1. The Pink Elephant #63 - sketch
2. City Crafters Challenge Blog #1 - cupcake theme
3. Fussy & Fancy #9 - birthday card with a sweet treat theme

Nite!

14 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very sweet Debbie! I can see lots of yummy goodies here, from ribbon flowers, to buttons, to that corner little cupcake, yum yum! Thanks for playing along at CCCB.

june lanum said...

as usual a beautiful card it truely is a Debbie card. Thanks for joining us at CCCB

Heather Jensen said...

Definately scrumptious and Yummy! I love the colors all the way down to the little details. Thanks so much for playing with us at CCCB.

pattyo said...

You're right, Debbie! This card is absolutely adorable! Now I want a piece of cake!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Debbie! Thanks for playing along with the CCCB :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!

Margaret said...

Lovely card! All the embellishments ad to the "candy" level.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

That is an adorable card! Love all the little goodies added to it. Just scrumptious!

Linda Robinson said...

So So Sweet! Your card is perfect,
love the colors and all the little details!

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh! This is so beautiful! I have so much to learn about card crafting.

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

What a luscious cake!!! Gorgeous colours and love all the detailing!!!

Lynnda Hosni said...

Congrats!!!... Indeed very pretty card...and yummy too...

April Rose said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous papers and embellishments, so delicious! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so beautiful! Love the sparkles. That cake looks delicious!

Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!

Hugs, Mindy