Monday, April 5, 2010

Flo Blue Time For Tea ...





Oh my vintage goodness! I simply {heart} the color combo over at The Play Date Cafe this week! I've been an antique collector for nearly 24 years and have collected vintage and antique Flo Blue dinnerware for about 5 years ... when I saw Julie's choice for her color challenge this week, it spoke to me so sweetly! I have been saving this pretty little vintage image of a Flo Blue Damask Tea Set for a while and decided that today's project was the 'perfect one' to use it on!
I used some of my *favorite* Bella Blue DSP and Very Vanilla/Not Quite Navy CS from Stampin' Up, Tea For Two stamp set from PTI, pearls from Melissa Frances, Damask twill tape from Making Memories; trinket pin from Maya Road and vintage trim from my stash!
I also included a few pics of some of my Flo Blue antique pieces ... they are scattered about my house and I just love them!!
Here are the challenges I used to create this pretty blue and ivory card design:
2. The Play Date Cafe #23 - color combo; blue and ivory
3. Crafty Creations #61 - Wild Card
4. Just Add Ink #11 - Wild Card

17 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

I think many thought of china patterns as they were inspired by this week's color story over at The Play Date Cafe.

This is a beautiful offering for this week's challenge and we do appreciate you continuing to play along with us : )

Laura Davis said...

Wow, this is so beautiful!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Evelyn S. said...

How perfect for this challenge! Your image and design are wonderful.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This card is totally stunning!

pattyo said...

Love this card! The first antique I bought(besides a doll) was a Flo Blue pitcher for my mother. It is probably our favorite! My mother also has a coffee or teapot just like the one on the card.

Shanna said...

Wow! So beautiful! Thanks for playing with us!

Cheryl Nelson said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!

li-bee-ti said...

Oh, this card is so so delicate and adorable!

Amanda said...

Beautiful work. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Danielle Daws said...

Very pretty - love the blues! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous card! Perfect for our challenge over at the Play Date Cafe! Thanks for playing along with us this week, hope to see you next week too! :o)

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful choice of insipration! Great job with this weeks colors. Thanks for playiing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Well you had the same inspiration I did when I saw the lovely colors. Love your card and your china is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC this week.

Stephanie Kraft said...

Gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is gorgeous, Debbie!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Great inspiration--those plates are beautiful! Your card is so perfect for this challenge! Love that ribbon--thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

KarenB said...

I LOVE this so much! It just jumped straight out at me from the screen, fab take on the Cafe colour combo.