Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Black & White - meets Orange!


Well, it feels good to get back into my craft room after taking the past 5 days off. The time off was not on purpose, life just got in the way -- work, my son's prom, work and hosting stamp club here at my house this month :)
I feel like my mojo has gone on vacation, so I need to fire myself back up and get inspired. I spent the morning visiting lots of my favorite challenge blogs and catching up on what I've missed the past few days.

The color combo over at Stamptacular Sunday this week is black & white/penguin! I found the current sketch at Get Sketchy and when I began to design with it, I found it very challenging (I guess that's why they call it a 'challenge'!). It's such a CAS sketch, but still I had a hard time wraping my mind around it for some reason.
When all was said and done, a very CAS design that actually met many current challenges out there in our wonderful blogland this week.
Give some of these a try and leave me a comment -- I'd love to peek at your creations!
Challenges I used for this card:

1. Stamptacular Sunday #55 - color/black & white - penguin
2. Get Sketchy #34 - sketch
3. Cute Card Thursday #108 - texture (distressing & chunky glitter)
4. Crafty Creations #64 - distressing
5. KL Stampin' & Scrappin' #26 - BLING (well, that's easy peesy for me!)

6 comments:

jennruggeri75 said...

wow! this is so pretty! I love all the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week. Good luck!

Gemma said...

Good combination, black white and orange, the result is just stunning. Thank you for joining us at SSC this week, Gemma

Julie Ranae said...

Really lovely take on the 'color splash' challenge over at The Play Date Cafe : )

I know how you feel with life...when I had my stamp store, I either taught workshops or hosted stamp club meetings 3-4 nights a week...but prom IS important ; )

Risa said...

What a lovely assortment of cards! I have viewed all of your cards and they are gorgeous in every way! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS and I hope to see you next week.
hugs
Risa:)

Skraptacular Designs said...

I love the black and white color combination, especially when joined with a small pop of bright color! Clever card idea!

Thank you for playing along with us at Stamptacular this week! Hope you'll join us for some more challenge fun again soon!

Hugs,
Priscilla

SweetnCrafty Gal said...

so so pretty! what a lovely card, the sparkle really brings it together! thanks for playing at stamptacular this week! hugs carlyann xxx