Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wonderful Mother ... PINK Inspiration!

This is MY PINK VICTORIAN home ... additional inspiration for this project :)



Well, thanks to a few challenges I found when I was visiting my favorite spots today, I have one Mother's Day card completed ahead of time!!! Isn't this card simply scrumptious? Love that pink!!!

I visited Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #60 and decided that her sketch this week would work perfectly for what I had in mind for this design!
Then, when I hopped on over to The Play Date Cafe, my heart skipped a beat and I lost my breath. It was so sweet of Mona to create color challenge #21 {just for me} -- giggle, giggle!!

In all seriousness, you can tell by the pic of my house that I am a lover of everything *pink*!!! My formal dining & living rooms as well as my stamp room are all painted in shades of pink. I wear a ton of pink and all the flowers and shrubs planted around my house are various shades of pink. I just love it!!! I live in a house with THREE MEN, so I have to get my girl-y fix somewhere, right??
This color challenge of medium pink, pale pink and pale yellow appealed to me so much ... I could create 10 more cards based on this theme ... and I just may have to do that before the challenge expires :)
I'm also going to submit this card to Cute Card Thursday for their theme challenge this week - create a card for a speciall occassion.
I used some brand new DSP from Melissa Frances, glittered chipboard & candy dots from Pebbles, prima paper leaves, Pretty in Pink & So Saffron cardstock, Pretty in Pink satin ribbon from Stampin' Up!, oval nestie from Spellbinders and punch from Fiskars.
Love it ... love it ... love it!!!

24 comments:

Stephanie Kraft said...

Just gorgeous, Debbie!! So soft and feminine! Love it (and your home as well)! Thanks for playing along with the PDCC!

JeanFB said...

Wow, gorgeous card! And... I LOVE your house!! :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh my! This is an amazing Mother's Day card! Those pink flowers are beautiful & your pink home is pretty! You did an amazing job creating with this week's colors at the Play Date Cafe - thanks so much for playing along - hope you come play next week :)

♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

Oh go ahead Debbie, make lots of pink cards ! You are right, this challenge was made just for you. Truly lovely...

Karen Giron said...

Wow, these little roses are so beautiful! Fabulous card!

Kimberly S said...

What a beautiful card in pink, and oh my goodness what a house! :)

Anne Jagger said...

This is stunning. x

Amanda Profumo said...

Debbie, your cards are so pretty! And your house... gorgeous! I'm a pink lover too! My craft room is all pink and raspberry fabric and I'm getting ready to paint my living room pink (salmon)! I have pink and or red in every room! Visit me here:
http://CraftyPaperGirl.blogspot.com
HUGS!
Amanda

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

{raisingAlexis} said...

gorgeous card!

Brenda Brown said...

I love your pinks - so feminine and just what my grand-daughters all love too. Great card and beautiful house. Thanks for sharing.
LOL Bxxx

pattyo said...

Beautiful card, Debbie! Love your house and that wrap-around porch! I know what you mean loving everything pink when you live in a house with men!

peggy gatto said...

Your card is a dream!!!

Cheryl said...

wow gorjus work hun love it so much such super detail too hugs cheryl xxxx

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE love love the flowers on the Mother's Day card! FAB! Love your home, too! What kind of flowering bushes are those out front? I would have guessed crape myrtle but not quite sure.

Lesley said...

Hi Debbie,
I've just found your gorgeous blog and will try to make the time to join in with your new challenge site.
Lesley

Debbie said...

I just joined as a follower over at The shabby Tea Room! I love how you pull your inspiration through everyday objects! Your cards are truly amazing and inspirational!

Jenny said...

Love this and I LOVE your house!! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

That is beautiful, Debbie! I love the flowers, and the color combo is delicious. And how fun to see a photo of your pink house.

Suzanne C said...

That is a stunning card. That was the first thought I had when I saw the inspiration was pink flowers. Gorgeous flowers. Thanks for playing with us at PDCC!

Ruby said...

What a gorgeous card Debbie! It looks like Mona did create the colours for you!! Your card is fab, I love the flowers you've done, very pretty. Thanks for playing along with us over at the Play Date Cafe this week. Hope you join in next week too :o)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Those flowers are so pretty--great job on this entire card! Thanks for playing along with us over at the PDCC! Good luck on the other challenges as well:)

Sarah Anderson said...

what a beautiful home you have; thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe, your flowers are gorgeous

Leann said...

This is gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us on CCT this week :D
Hugs x