Monday, March 22, 2010

Vintage Bunnies ...


I was waiting for 'just the right' challenge to come along to use this adorable vintage print image I came across! How cute are those sweet Victorian Mr. & Mrs. Bunny ... and the Easter eggs are in the yummy colors of a challenge I found this week at the Curtain Call. This is a very unusual color pallette and a 'challenge' for sure!

I used the current sketch challenge that I found this week over at Taylored Expressions #105 and I'll send it over to the gals at Our Creative Corner too for their Easter/Spring theme this week.
This card is so much prettier in person than the picture shows. The background white is embossed with a fleur-de-lis pattern and then I used Ranger Perfect Pearls over the embossing to give it some pearlizing. The ruffles on the bunny's clothing is glitterd and the chipboard tag is antiqued and glitter as well. I made the ruffled black ribbon flower by machine stitching the edge of the ribbon and pulling up into a gather. A few more embossing folders, stamps, buttons, twine and trinket pins and ... wha-la!

3 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, Deb! vintage is one style that I need to work on...I have to go check out your shabby tea room for some more inspiration:) thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

Julie said...

Wow, such a pretty vintage card. I'm with Stacey....definitely something I need to work on. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call this week.

Dana Grothaus said...

What a cute card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Our Creative Corner!