Thursday, March 4, 2010

Time to Bloom ...







Well, with yet *another* round of snow yesterday (what in the world???), I'm even more eager for spring to arrive! This has been the worst winter on record the entire 14 years I've lived in central NC -- we usually do not get snow and this winter we've gotten it THREE TIMES - grrrrr!

This sweetie-pie card is my submission for this week's challenge over at The Play Date Cafe #19 make a card using pale yellow, deep yellow and white. Yellow is such a pretty color - my bedroom is painted in a Banana Creme color to match a gorgeous patchwork vintage quilt I have on the bed - yum :)

When I was visiting some of my other favorite blogs, I came across Lisa Johnson's fun little challenge that involved a flower stamp, some crystals and the color yellow ... so I thought this card might be a good submission for Lisa's little challenge too!

Maybe some sunshine inside with this pretty yellow will brighten my spirits when I look out the window at the snow on the ground and feel the cold air! Better news - temps to hit almost 50 today so bye-bye snow!!

I hope looking at this little creation brightens your day too :)

Supplies: Barely Banana & Mellow Moss CS, dazzling diamonds glitter, Bella's Bloom stamp set, Mellow Moss & Soft Suede ink; Apricot Appeal grosgrain ribbon, Mellow Moss taffeta ribbon, Modern Label punch (SU!); DSP (Webster's Pages); scallop circle chipboard (Making Memories); crystals (Prima).

7 comments:

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love this soft and pretty card with the just the right amount of sparkle and lace! Beautiful!

Melissa said...

Totally pretty, Miss Debbie! I've been working on those colors too... You really made them work together. Lovely. :)

Julie Ranae said...

Lovely dimension on this card for The Play Date Cafe Challenge....another day brightener for me!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Love the lace & shimmer. Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!

Karen said...

Very pretty! I like the glittered scalloped frame and how you made that sweet bloom a great focal point! :>

Barbara said...

Love the colors..looks like a lemon chiffon pie...yummy...that dragonfly is soooo cute!!!

Hanne said...

Really pretty card! Love the spring feel:) I want spring too!