Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thinking of You ...

A quiet day today after the flurry of the launch of The Shabby Tea Room blog yesterday :) WOW - 19 followers joined the new site in just the first day ... thanks to all of you and I cannot wait until Monday for our first challenge we can play with together!

I found a super cute sketch over at Our Creative Corner today ... love that sweet scalloped border (I {heart} scallops! I also noticed that Sharon Johnsen from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store was hosting a challenge this week too on her blog - No Time To Stamp? which involved using a border punch too. So I thought these two challenges would work perfectly together.

I dug out some of my favorite 'go to' designer papers from Webster's Pages, yummy red & creme ticking stripe ribbon that I usually covet (because it's retired) & a scallop border punch from SU!, some buttons, twine and vintage trim (again from Webster's) and wha-la ... this sweet card was created.

What do ya' all think?

5 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

I think it's a BEAUTY!!! So happy to hear you liked the Sketch and you did a fab job with it. You do shabby chick perfectly...love this sweet design!!!

Thank you so much for playing along with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Terrific card - love, love, love that Webster's Pages paper. That ribbon is wonderful too - so sorry that I never bought it when it was available - LOL! Great job on the sketch challenge. So happy you could have some fun this week with us at Our Creative Corner.

Audrey Pettit said...

It's adorable! Love to see how you work the gorgeous Webster's goodies. So love that big layered ribbon, too.

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

lovely card dear.

Loretta said...

Debbie, your vintage look is DIVINE! I love this whole country vintage shabby chic vibe you have going on here.

Thanks for joining us on the OCC this week.