Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tea For Two ... or 3 ... or 4 ...




Okay, so after I stepped out of my little comfort zone yesterday and decided to try to combine a 'few' challenges together into one card (easier said than done!) inspired by my stampy friend, Melissa, she raised the bar with me today and challenged me to play another round of tag again with her -- tooooooo FUN!

Melissa created a card today using SIX challenges and you'll want to take a peek at the project on her blog here!

So, I set to work {again} and printed out a bunch of current challenges from out there in blog land! Some were already sitting on my to-do pile and some were new for today :)

Ready, set ... here we go!

*Inspired by Melissa's six-in-one card today!


#2 - Pile It On - use pastels and combine challenges

#3 - Papertake Weekly - use lilac & lemon

#4 - Crafty Creations - use spots & dots

#5 - Pink Elephant - spring theme

#6 - Little Paper Shop - make something old new again (I used old seam binding tape, dyed and tosseled into a scrumpled ribbon!)

#7 - Colour Q - use Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Apricot Appeal, Cameo Coral & White
And EIGHT if you count Melissa's challenge to me :)

I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the white backgraound - it has birds (spring) and dots on it. I cut the scallop circles (Stampin' Royalty Sketch) with my Cricut. The stamped tea pot and white chipboard heart both have polka does on them. The Lemon candy dots are from Pebbles. Gorgeous DSP is Webster's Pages; Razzleberry paper flower - Prima; trinket pin - Maya Road.

Whew ... what do you think? Pretty cool, huh??

Enjoy and happy stamping to you all :)

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Well, well, well...aren't you just the challenge-combining queen??? Well, for today least...we'll see how long you wear this crown. ;)

The card is fabulous - I love the colors and how you used the "old" to make it new. The pearls are a beautiful touch. Good job, my stampy friend. :)

june lanum said...

Love that card..................

Nicole said...

You are a stamping crazy lady!! Good for you! Great card - love those flowers. So Springy! :)

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009 said...

Great job! I love how delicate your flower looks! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

Wow, Great card :-) Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin’ Royalty.

JeanFB said...

Beautiful project, Debbie!! I am so happy to have found your blog, and The Shabby Tea Room from Anabelle O'Malley's blog. Looking forward to lots of inspirational projects!

Audrey said...

What a lovely project. I love those flowers. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On

Ann said...

A totally lovely card. Love those flowers . Thanks for playing along with our Spring theme at The Pink Elephant. Just love your entry.
Ann xxx

Shanda Stirk said...

What a pretty card! Lovely combination of colors! Thanks for joining us on Stampin' Royalty.

Sarah Newman said...

Great card! I love all the colours! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stampin' Royalty!

Sandra Farrell said...

Great card - all those details must have taken forever, but it sure worked out lovely. Thanks for plyaing with us at SR.

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Very cool! You definitely win, my dear.

Trudi said...

Wow, very pretty! Thanks for joining us this week in our Spring Theme challenge over at TPE!

Magda said...

Beautiful project. Love the flower.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations challenge.
Magda x