Monday, March 29, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room - Week #3 Challenge!

Oh my scrappy and shabby goodness :) The Week #3 challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room is called "Let's Get Scrappy" and we were asked to create a project from scraps - my 'cup of tea' for sure! I save everything - I don't like to throw out one single, precious piece of goodness that comes from my stamp room!

What I decided to do was to create a tiny, miniature, scrappy quilt - out of paper and trims! I set to work with some scrap pieces left over from a mini album I altered a couple weeks ago using K & Co {gorgeous} DSP! I machine 'quilted' those squares onto a scalloped Kraft base that I die cut with my Big Shot. Then I took some tea stained twill tape (yummy!) and created the quilt binding and machine stitched that down. I 'hung my quilt' out in the spring time sunshine from tiny wooden clothes pins and this little lovelie is hung from some rope cording that SU! offered a couple seasons ago. To finish it off, I sprayed some chipboard letters from Basic Grey with Tattered Rose Glimmer Mist, antiqued the edges and GLITTERED! I made a {with love} tag from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and adhered that under one of the clothes pins. Last, but certainly not least, I made a sweet & shabby bow with some Oatmeal Cream Shabby Vintage Seam Binding (found here) and adhered a sweet tiny pink flower on top of the ribbon.

So sweet and precious - I simply {heart} this little paper quilt :)

Now your turn ... let's see what scrappy creations you all can come up with to submit to the Tea Room this week!!!

Check out the other DT Members work - so pretty:

Audrey Pettit - Audrey Pettit's Weblog
Jill Hilliard - Jill's Card Creations
Melissa Hubert - My Paper Obsession
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations

3 comments:

Queenie said...

Oh my wow this is gorgeous,love it!!!
xx

pattyo said...

How sweet is this! Love quilts!

Nicole said...

So pretty Debbie! Love the "quilt" effect of the card! :)