Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lucky Friend ...


I've been {hearting} some of these absolutely ADORABLE My Favorite Things - Pure Innocence stamp sets for some time now and finally decided to *treat* myself to a couple of them last week. The package arrived in the mail late yesterday afternoon and I got to open them up and play a bit with them this evening ... OMG ... I'm in {love}!!!!!!!
How sweet is that little girly? I could just squeeze her cheeks - simply precious! This card will go in the mail Monday to my dear friend, Beverly, ... just because! This little girl's top is colored and then polka dotted with a white gel pen and her pants are paper pieced with patterned papers. She's holding a 'bling' flower, wearing a lovely paper hat wrapped with green and white checked gingham ribbon and her tiny, little shoe buckles are 'fastened' with the bittiest of white pearls!
To make this card, I used the Just Us Girls #24 challenge this week - create a flap card. I don't think to make cards using this technique very often ... I wish I would make them more frequently -- they are so cute! I hopped on over to The Play Date Cafe to see what they were offering to play with this week ... their #20 challenge was a color inspiration based off a lovely photo using the colors I put into this card. I used Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst and Whisper White.
Simply {sweet} ... for my FRIEND :)

19 comments:

Meredith said...

Very Cute! PS I love your blog design--beautiful!

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh, this is too cute! I love these PI girls and have a few! I love her hat and all the paper piecing! So cute! Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge!

Lynn said...

Love your card it's so cute..Lynn:)

Stampin' Pam said...

Totally totally adorable! Love the sweet image and the paper piecing is perfect for her. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh, what a sweet card! Your little girl image looks so precious & I like all the embossing. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls technique challenge - hope you come play next Saturday in an all new challenge!

Nicole said...

Great card, Debbie! Perfect spring-y colors. Beverly will love it, I'm sure!

Suzanne C said...

Those images are adorable and love how you have dressed yours up! Beautiful card.

Monique said...

How adorable!!! I love her hat..how stink-in cute is that :)!!

Andrea M said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors! Great job :)

Martina said...

Lovely colors and details! Very cute!

Debra said...

That card is soooo sweet! Love the card and your blog...nice design and colors.

Debra
Conroe, TX

My Blog: Creative Heart Designs

Julie Ranae said...

Perfect fit for The Play Date Cafe Challenge, Debbie...the colors are spot on!

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute, just love what you've done to her hat! Thanks for playing at the PDCC!

Ruby said...

Aw, your card is SO cute! I love the way you've done her hat, it's adorable! :o)

Stephanie Kraft said...

This is just darling!! Love her hat and paper pieced outfit!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is just SUPER cute--love that hat and the details on the card! Great job! Thanks for playing along with the PDCC!

Sarah Anderson said...

beautiful!!!! just beautiful! :)

Lisa Petrella said...

This is SO SWEET! I LOVE those PI images! They are definitely on my wish list! Great job paper piecing her little outfit!! And that embossed sun hat is so darling!

Sue Lelli said...

What a treat! The little girl is so adorable!