Friday, March 26, 2010

Layered Lovely Goodness ...

Hello peeps! I have to admit that I was in craftin' withdrawal after taking the day off yesterday to shabby up 1,000 yards of Vintage Seam Binding. All that shabby lovliness is spending a second day drying and aging in the sun today, so I can spend some time in my craft room - yippiee!


This card came out so pretty - tons of dimension and layered goodness! I have been wanting to give these 'recycled flowers' a try for about a week now, just needed to find time and the right project to use them on! They are punched with Big Shot flower dies and made with corrogated cardboard from coffee holders at Panera Bread :) I got to use lots of my favorite lovelies on this card -- glitter, chipboard, felt woolies, vintage line papers from Prima, shabby seam binding (found here), pearls, sewing machine and, oh, did I mention GLITTER??!!??

When I saw Julie's latest edition of the color creativity challenge over at The Play Date Cafe, I just knew that these sweet little recycled flowers would work perfect - I used Kraft, Rose Red & Baja Breeze papers. I {heart} kraft paper ... I don't use it as often as I would like to and need to make a change and get it into my everyday routine! It's just so pretty - can go from rustic, to shabby, to vintage, to whimsical ... anything goes with Kraft - a neutral friend :)

I hope you have enjoyed peeking at this sweet little creation! Here are the challenges I used to design this card:

1 - The Play Date Cafe - color creativity challenge
2 - Mojo Monday #131 - sketch
3 - Stampin' Royalty #12 - GLITTER!
4 - Cute Card Thursday - Dimension - yummy!
5 - KL Stampin' & Scrappin' - use flowers and stitching

I hope you're all having a wonderful and stampy Friday :)

17 comments:

pattyo said...

Love this card and all the layers! The seam binding looks beautiful!

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009 said...

great colour combo! You've done a fabulous job and the glitter is the perfect addition to your flowers! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Ruby said...

What a lovely card and a great way to do some recycling! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Play Date Cafe Challenge this week. Hope you join in on the fun next week too! :o)

Suzanne C said...

Wow! Look at all the lovely layers on this beautiful card! Glad you played along with the PDDC challenge this week!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful dimension and texture. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Julie Ranae said...

Lovely work, Debbie...so glad you are still have a chance to play with us in The Play Date Cafe.

Had trouble all day getting your page to load, otherwise would have been 'round sooner. :)

Shanda Stirk said...

Wow - beautiful flowers! The glitter looks very pretty on the flowers and the colors and layers are very pretty. It must have taken you awhile. Thanks for playing at Stampin' Royalty.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--layers layers layers! Love those flowers! Great card all around:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty card! The flowers are beautiful & the ribbon is gorgeous! thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe :)

Sandra Farrell said...

I love your card Those flowers are really effective. The glitter is great! Thanks for playing with us at SR.

jo said...

Love all the dimension and texture on your card Debbie!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Debbie! Love how you reused the corrugated card and your handmade seam binding is FABULOUS! Thanks for playing along with the PDCC this week! Hope to see you again next week!

Jodi said...

Very pretty card ~ love the colors you used and that ribbon is fabulous! Thanks for joining in my challenge at KLSNS :)

Hanne said...

Such a beautiful card, and that ribbon is fab!

NĂºria said...

your card is very beautiful!!!
the color combo is great, and I love the flowers and the loop are gorgeous!!

Sarah Anderson said...

Thanks for playing along with us in the play date cafe so regularly! Loving the layers in this card

Jan said...

Love this...beautiful!