Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lace-y Days!


What a great day today is ... Carolina blue sky, temps in the 70's, birds chirping, and a play date over my neighbor, Beth's, house to stamp the day away -- oh, and did I mention snacks too -- bagels, fruit dip, strawberries, coffee and pink grapefruit juice ... oh my! It doesn't get much better than today for me :):):)
So, what to bring and what to do while at Beth's stamping today? I perused some of my fav blog sites last night trying to come up with something to put on my 'to do' list -- like I needed to add to it??? Anyway, I came across Caardvarks current challenge - to create a card using lace! Oh my SHABBY goodness!!!! That challenge must have been created 'just for little old me'! As you know if your a follower of my blog, I {heart} all things lace, vintage, shabby and anything that can be piled high on top of a card!!!
I needed a super special item to recognize and thank the wonderful Guest Designers that have gracisouly given of their time and talents to create projects for us over at The Shabby Tea Room, and what better way to thank them but with a handmade shabby tea pot card! (I guess a million dollars would be a better way to say thanks, but ... !) I took the Caardvarks Lace-y Challenge and ran with it!
I cut these adorable pink tea pots with my Cricut and then set to work inking the edges to make them antiqued, layering embellies of glittered chipboard, Prima flowers, taffeta ribbons, vintage trim lace, paper doilie lace, buttons, twine, trinket pins and stamped the words 'T' ea time. I managed to get 9 of them created during our stamp play date and when all lined up to be photographed -- they look like delicious cupcakes, don't they??
What do ya' all think? Simply {sweet}!



7 comments:

Cheryl said...

gosh hun these are so beautifull love the addition of the lace hugs cheryl xxx

pattyo said...

This card is THE perfect thank you for the designers! It is adorable!

A Frontier Woman said...

These are great! So creative!

Amy said...

These are fabulous!! I love what the lace has added to them. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!

Diane said...

Love these...love the lace and the vintage...and of course the teapots!!!

Janelle said...

So cute, Debbie! I'm sure your guest designers will love them. And, yes, it sure was a beautiful Carolina day -- and it's about time, isn't it? What a long winter that was for us spoiled southerners!

Betsy V said...

What pretty teapot cards, Debbie!! Thanks for playing along with the challenge! (I'll e-mail my address to you in a bit..I'd love to have one of those little pretties!)

Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
Betsy Veldman