Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Doilies and Lace ...


Oh my, I have Tea Pots on the brain today with the launch of my new weekly challenge blog over at The Shabby Tea Room!! How adorable is this sweet little creation I designed today? I'm in love with it's soft, sweet, shabby and lacey style -- piled high with lots of glitter and embellies ... *sigh* ... I've been carrying this little one around the house for the past 30 minutes and I can't seem to put it down :)
I created this sweetie based off an inspiration challenge over at Moxie Fab World - create a project using lace and/or a doilie. I used a paper doilie for the 'table' that this sweet tea pot rests on and then added in some more vintage lace around it's belly - like a tea cozy!!
After I got the idea of creating a card using lace & doilies, I visited the Get Sketchy challenge blog and was happy to see that their current challenge #28 is to create a card in a *shape* - bonus if you have a spring-y theme! I set to work ... and this is what I came up with. The soft, pastel colors, tone on tone, are so appealing to me. Looking at this card makes me want to sit down with a cup of {Pear-fect Tea} and just enjoy my little friend here :)
I adore the vintage flair of this card and think the added flowers from Prima add a 'hint of spring'! The edges of all elements are antiqued with Soft Suede ink; DSP is from Webster's Pages; glittered flourish is Making Memories; glittered 'T' is K & Co; buttons, twine and Tea for Two stamp set - PTI; Blush Blossom CS & Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon from SU! ... and I cut the little tea pot card on my Cricui - A Child's Year cartridge.
Go grab yourself a cup of tea and enjoy this sweet little creation!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, fantastic card! I love tea and I love this card, thanks for playing at GS.

Vicki Bray said...

Such a cute card! - great use of the lace! Great use of embellishments!

Melissa said...

So sweet and creative....simply adorable in every way.
Melis

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks so much for entering the Diggin' on Doilies and Lace challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)