Sunday, March 7, 2010

Crazy for Polka Dots!

Fun day ... quiet in the house ... guys all off in three different locations ... just me and the puppy stampin' the day away :)

I have a cute little card to show you all next. I used this week's sketch #23 from Just Us Girls and the card concept from KL Stampn' & Scrappin - use buttons on your card! I love buttons ... did you know they are the cousins to polka dots??!!?? Love me my polka dots too!

What do you think about that sweet ribbon flower I made? I simply took some polka dot grosgrain ribbon, ran it through my sewing machine on a long straight gathering stitch, pulled the ends up to gather and then secured it to a piece of cardstock base with glue and added a *couple* layers of Prima flowers, Melissa Frances glittered chipboard, a pink velvet brad from Imaginescence and topped it off with a pink trinket pin! I {heart} the buttons and polka dots and glitter and fun of this card :)

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Pretty in pink, and who doesn't love polka dots?!! :) I am glad you got some time to create and play along with us at KL Stampin N Scrappin.

Stampin' Pam said...

Ahhh cuteness abounds - love the ric rack with the buttons and the hat pin accent - perfect. Thanks so much for supporting Just Us Girls by participating in our challenges. We appreciate your playing along with us.

Maria Levine said...

Wow what a great card! Love all the cool details! Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week

Dana Gustafson said...

Love it! What great textures and embellies you chose. I love tha big ric rac especially. Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls for sketch week!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

All I can say is this is so pretty in pink! Love all the polka dots! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls = hope you are able to join us Saturday for an all new challenge!

Lisa Kind said...

Love all the pink, buttons, and polka dots! And the flower you created is so pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Elise said...

Goodness, gracious! What a fun and festive card! I love your color and material choices ~ they make me happy I'm a GIRL! hee hee Wonderful work and excellent use of the JUGS challenge! Best of luck - I hope you win Dawn's wonderful stamps!

Risa said...

What a beautiful card! I love your take on the button challenge...very cute! Thanks for joining the KLSNS button challenge!
Risa:)