Sunday, February 21, 2010

{Sweet} Hello ...


Here's a cutie pie card for ya'll that I'm submitting for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #57 over at The Sweetest Thing blog.

I made this super cute card with the Sunny Day Simply Scrappin' Kit -- one of my favorites. Don't you just love those bright, vibrant colors ... and OMG, that chipboard birdie is the cutest little thing :) All supplies are SU! except for the vintage button which is PTI and white satin ribbon from my stash.

I cut the scalloped circles using my Cricut and the A Child's Year cartridge. I have scalloped circle punches and dies, but the neat thing about using the Cricut is that you can size your shapes to whatever size you need them ... for showcasing this birdie, I used 2 1/2" for the Old Olive and 2 3/4" for the Pink Passion -- AND, the Cricut machine does the cutting for you, no cranking, no sandwiches necessary! (Thanks 'Santa'!)

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Very sweet! I love all the scallops and the bright colors - one of my favorite SS kits!

Krista Driessen said...

Cute ! Love the bird !