Friday, February 19, 2010

Create - Lattice Fold Technique!





A huge thank you to my stampy friend, Beth, for her patience in teaching me this lattice fold technique today! I just love how it turned out, don't you??? It's much prettier in person that shows in the picture. Even prettier with colored cardstock paper - Beth's came out gorgeous!!
I've never attempted this lattice fold technique before -- it was intimidating at first, but once you figure out the template, it's easy peesy :)

Supplies: Very Vanilla CS, grosgrain ribbon, glitter (SU!); DSP (Bo Bunny); chipboard frame, Gold Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); Perfect Pearls (Ranger); flower (Prima); sentiment tag (7 Gypsies); fleur-de-lis embossing folder (Cuttlebug); grosgrain ric rac from my stash!

7 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Very creative way to use this week's colors from the Play Date Cafe...lovely!

Lynn said...

Hi Debbie, what a beautiful card. I love the embossing you have done and the rose centrepiece gives it a nice touch :)Lynn

Sarah Anderson said...

This is a lovely card! That flower is really set off beautifully by the frame and the papers. And I've watched people do that folding, it's tricky! Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe :)

Kathryn B said...

Nice job on your card! I really like your lattice technique!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Your card is really gorgeous. I love the DP and the colors. It has a nice vintage feel to it. That lattice fold looks very complicated but it turned out wonderful. Great work on learning a new technique. So happy you could join in the fun with us at Our Creative Corner this week!

JeanFB said...

Wow! This is fabulous!

Hanne said...

This is so pretty and very creative!
Hanne