Saturday, February 20, 2010

Play Date Cafe ... #17








Wow, I just realized that I was so excited to see the color scheme of the new challenge this week over at The Play Date Cafe that I neglected to *read* the colors. I was blogging at night and my eyes saw linen, red and BLACK ... but in the light of day today and taking the time to actually *read* the challenge post, the color challenge is linen, red and BROWN!


Oh darn ... it forced me to make another card - the horror (just kidding)! THIS is my submission for this week's color challenge over at PDC! Sorry, gals, for the miscue -- consider the first card as my 'practice card'! I love how this card is tied together with the polka dot theme - in the DSP, in the paper flowers, in the round brads and in the chipboard button ... cute :)


Hope you like this color inspired card a *latte*!


Supplies: Very Vanilla CS, glitter, brads Like it a Latte stamp set, word window & modern label punches (SU!); DSP (My Minds Eye); vintage trim (Webster's Pages); chipboard 'i' & glittered chipboard flourish (Making Memories); chipboard button (Jenni Bowlin); paper flowers (Prima).

7 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Ya know, that dark brown was SO dark, there was no way to really know, so no worries!

This entry is lovely too! You have a real creative talent and we sure do appreciate you sharing it with us over at The Cafe!

Sarah Anderson said...

You can always share both cards :)
This is great, love the flowers and the dots, it's come together really well.
Thanks for playing in the play date cafe :)

Anne Jagger said...

What a beautiful card. I love all the elements.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Ooo I like your card! A latte sounds good right about now to jump start my morning! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge at the play date cafe!

Kathryn B said...

Now this one is really pretty!

JeanFB said...

This is beautiful - love the shabby chic feel to it!

Hanne said...

This is such a beautiful card! Wonderful details! Love the lace!
Hanne