Sunday, February 7, 2010

CPS #153 Card Sketch




Well, for today's project I decided to step away from my 'usual' vintage, shabby style and change things up a bit! I was in the mood for over the top, bright, fun, funky and different! My usual cards are very soft, feminine, full of ribbons and vintage trims.

Today's card is my take on this week's Card Positioning Systems #153 Sketch. I love the hot pink and lime green color scheme ... VERY different for me for sure!

This card was fun to make ... boy you should see my craft room now -- cutting that maribou fur made a *huge* mess - there are tiny flitters of hot pink fur wafting around all over the place :) I was able to dig deep into my treasured bins, baskets and tins of embellies and include a few oh so cute goodies on this card for ya' all today! That heart shaped treat cup filled with V-Day Sweetheart candies is too cute! The glittered letters, buttons, glittered cardstock, glittered borders ... just simply YUMMY!
I hope you enjoy and have a good Super Bowl Sunday :)
Supplies: White CS (PTI), Pink Passion CS (SU!); DSP and scalloped trim (Doodlebug); chipboard letters (Basic Grey); buttons, twine (PTI); embossed heart stickers (Martha Stewart); heart corner punch, glitter, chipboard heart, heart treat cup (SU!); maribou fur (Target).

6 comments:

Lea L. said...

SO cute! Love how you've included the conversation heart candies on it! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥Lea

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Lovely furry card! Speaks Valentine's Day at its finest!

Barbara said...

How unusual! To me - being right in the midst of the "foolish season" here in Germany - it looks more like carbival than Valentine's but that really doesn't make a difference, does it? It's so wonderfully bright!

Sue Lelli said...

Now that's a festive Valentine card! FAB!

sewingseeds4U said...

Love your stretch...so fun and furry!

sewingseeds4U said...

What an adorable fun card!