Sunday, January 10, 2010

Season of White




Burrrrrr ... it's STILL so cold outside. Very unseasonable for NC :( So, I've been staying inside, not going out unless it's critical and having a lot of relaxing down time which has allowed me to get creative with my fun stampy goodies!!

This little card was created especially for the JUGS challenge this week - make a project using 'stitching'. It's really hard to see on this picture (I am NOT the best photographer), but I used a decorative stitch on my Janome machine all around the Melissa Frances DSP here.
I tried to stay soft with the colors on this card to compliment the oh so sweet vintage image of the children playing in the snow. This is just about my favorite color combo in the entire world, so I'm in LOVE with this litte card!!! I used lots of my favorites and raided my trim and embellie tins to pile it on ...

Recipe:
Blush Blossom CS, Two Cool Dudes stamp set, dazzling diamonds glitter, pink tafetta ribbon (SU!); DSP Making Memories and Melissa Frances; glittered chipboard snowflake (Melissa Frances); heart embellie (K & Co); trinket pin (Maya Road); vintage button (PTI); vintage image (Heartwarming Vintage - Crafty Secrets); mica flakes and white *snowball* pom-pom trim.

6 comments:

Stampin' Pam said...

This is SO splendid - I love the images and the colors - a real eye catcher! I'm glad you chose to play along with Just Us Girls! it's great to have you with us as we kick off the new year. :-)

Sharon said...

I LOVE your card! You have given attention to detail through out the whole design and layout. Thank you for sharing!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh Dear! This card is beautiful! I love the soft colors & glittery snowflake! Great job with the stitching :) Thank you so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - I hope to see more of your creations in upcoming challenges!

Tracey Cuccia said...

A beautiful card -- love this vintage creation! An area that I'm SO NOT GOOD at...but you have it down pat. Love all of the texture too.

Thanks so much for taking the time to play along with Just Us Girls this week!

Amy said...

This card is absolutely beautiful!! I love all the little details. Thanks for sharing!!

Maria Levine said...

This is fabulous! LOVE that image! Great job and thanks so much for playing along with us.