Tuesday, January 5, 2010

S-N-O-W in NC???




Yes, the weather man is actually calling for some of that 'white stuff' this Thursday, so the kids may have a snow day on Friday! That's a rareity here in NC ... hopefully it'll just stay cold without the snow, but then again, a snow day may be very fun :)

For those of you who know me well, you know that I'm the 'queen' of holiday decorating!! I'm so sad every year when I have to take down my Christmas decorations, but was completely ready to get it down, pack it away until next year and CLEAN MY DUSTY HOUSE!! You just can't clean as deeply when all that holiday stuff is out and about ... but it's so pretty to look at!!!
So, to make myself feel better when the holiday stuff comes down, I break out all of the cute little snowmen I've collected through the years! They are so white, fat and puffy - cute little men and ladies with rolly-polly bellies and rosey pink cheeks! Just love 'em up!!
What I did here is another two 'fer :) Some of you may remember an earlier post HERE where I showed you all the cute little block 'NOEL' I made up for the holidays. I decided that there was no sense packing it away with the backs of the blocks all white and bare - the horror! Every inch should be stamped, glued and altered - for sure!!!
I turned the blocks around and decorated the bare blocks with the letters S-N-O-W and will be able to enjoy them through the month of January alongside all of my playful snow people decorations. This little snow tree sits on a bench in my kitchen from November through January, so I get to enjoy all the sweet snowy decorations on it for a good couple of months! This tree is about 12 years old and a compliation of many years of collecting!! Love me a snowman!
I created this set of snow blocks using Cosmo Cricket's yummy designer papers - Woodland, Be Good - Favorite Things, Strip Tease and coordinating Diecuts. Aren't they just BEAUTIFUL? I love the soft, warm colors!! If you look closely, you'll see a little sneak in there from my left over stash of Jolly By Golly too - yum!
A few embellies like buttons and twine from PTI; felt snowflakes and vinyl letters from SU!, K & Co 3-D snowflakes with rhinestones, pearls from Melissa Frances and - OF COURSE - glitter and wha-la!!
What do you think???

1 comment:

pattyo said...

I'm so disappointed when the Christmas decorations get put away; but like you, I have a snowman collection that gets to stay out for the winter. Just something cozy about it!