Friday, January 1, 2010

Burrr ... Baby it's Cold Outside!


Burrrrrrr ... the map says NC, but the thermometer looks like we're somewhere's way up north today. It's so cold outside -- we're definitely not used to these low temps here in the south :(
The heat just keeps running, rotating between the upstairs and downstairs heaters and I had to put the fireplace on just to warm my fingers and toes!
I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe, happy new year! We stayed in and had a quiet evening at home with one of our sons. We visited with neighbors this morning for a New Year's Day brunch to celebrate 2010!
I was thinking that since the holidays are behind us, it might be time to get back into challenges, so here goes -- my first challenge for 2010. This one is spun off of the frigid temps we're having today and through the weekend. When I saw this adorable cover on the Celebrate Magazine, I just had to buy it for inspiration! I'm going to work on a few projects inspired by the Snowman theme on this cover (I love me a SNOWMAN!!!) and these soft colors of winter white, blue and cocoa!
Please join me ... after you complete your winter-inspired project, post a pic on your blog and link it back here in the comments section so we all can enjoy your creativity! If you do not have a blog, then e-mail a pic to me and I'll post here for you.
Have FUN and stay WARM!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Great challenge Debbie! Here's my submission: http://fabric-paper-scissors.blogspot.com/2010/01/warm-winter-wishes.html
~Nicole