Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bright and White




I'm on a roll with my 'burrr cold winter cards' today ... high here was around 36 during the day today and it's 8 pm now and below 30 already. It's NOT supposed to be cold in the south :( UGH! Gives me a wonderful excuse to stay inside and create!

Anywhooo ... here's another pretty winter card made with some *gorgeous* Webster's Pages papers and fluffy trim, decadant silk ribbon from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, Kaiser pearls, Basic Grey bling, Vintage Cream CS from PTI, Martha Stewart lace doily punch and dazzling diamonds glitter & Soft Suede CS from SU!

This is my submission for the Webster's Pages challenge this week. The challenge is hosted by Anabelle O'Malley ... make a project using a technique that you've never used before.

This is my first time working with this scrumptious silk ribbon and the Bow Easy tool!!! I've admired Sharon Johnson's beautiful creations for so long using the delicious silk ribbon she carries in her shop. I treated myself to a couple of yards of a few different colors before the holidays and it's been sitting on my 'to do' shelf staring at me ever since it arrived. I have to admit, I was quite intimidated with the ribbon and bow making tool. The ribbon is so fine, silky and beautiful ... I was scared to 'ruin' it! Well, today was the day ... I decided now or never! When I saw Anabelle's challenge I just knew what I was going to play with for my card submission :)

I giggled with delight after watching an on-line tutorial and saw how easy it was to use the tool and how beautiful of a bow you can create with this wonderful ribbon!! I'm afraid I may become addicted to silk ribbon now (among many other paper crafting supply addictions!!!!!).

I'm attaching the links here for the challenge and where you can find the ribbon and bow easy maker in case you want to give either of them a try for yourself. You can find Webster's Pages products (one of my FAVS!) by clicking on the link to the left under 'My Favorites'.
Thanks, Anabelle, for challenging me to step outside my comfort zone and try something new!

What do you think ... let me know! Give Anabelle's challenge a try and link back in the comments section here so I can see your creations. Have FUN!!!

2 comments:

Dalayney's Doodles said...

Gorgeous blog! So happy to have found it! And an fellow etsy girl too! Love your work.

Amy said...

Very pretty!! I love the bling.