Sunday, November 1, 2009

Altered Victorian Tussy Mussys!




Aren't these just so pretty and elegant? I love them! They're for the vendor events I'm in this upcoming week, but would go so well in my home ... I might have to keep one for myself! They're so vintage and Victorian with their velvet, gold brocade trim, beads, sugared fruit and ribbons!

I purchased the tussy mussy cones from Home Goods. I picked up a box of sugared fruit, pinecones and such. I also found the cutest, tiny box of miniature holiday cookie cutters. This afternoon I set about with my glue gun just filling the tussy mussy cones with all these delicious visions of sugar plums, fruit, ribbons, cookie cutters and candy :) What do you think?
I used my *new* nestabilities scalloped dies to cut pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock (SU!) in the desired sizes. I stamped the sentiments of 'Peace' and 'Joy' with PTI's Snowflake Serenade set in Always Artichoke ink and then the snowflakes in Bravo Burgundy ink (SU!). I antiqued the edges of the cardstock with Gold Shimmer Paint (SU!) and spritzed the White Satin Ribbon (SU!) with Tattered Angels Gold Shimmer Mist Spray. A button and some gold elastic cording finish off the tag which is the icing on the cake of these elegant and oh so fun Victorian Tussy Mussys!
Enjoy :)

No comments: