Thursday, October 15, 2009

Altered N-O-E-L!


Now, this was FUN!!! I love to alter things ... how cute are these blocks? They originally came in a brown, paper mache color. I put several coats of white spray paint on them and then sanded the corners down to make them look old and worn. My husband asks me why paint things if you're just going to sand the paint off later ... but ...!!!
Each little block was then altered and decorated with snippets of this and that found in my treasured supplies. I used SU's Holiday Mix Decor Elements for the letters and some ribbons. I used Cosmo Cricket's Jolly By Golly mini deck papers and chipboard along with a Melissa Frances glittered star -- how CUTE are those little skates hanging off that adorable glittered star? Did I tell you that I LOVE glitter??? I used a snippet of edging lace from a Linda Albrecht kit on the bottom of the "L" ... I hope you can see it up against the lace doilie -- it's so dainty!
Buttons, ribbons, rhinestone brads, gold cording and stickles finish off the blocks to make them pop and be more 3-D.
What do you think? I just LOVE them!!! I'm notorious for going from summer, skipping over Halloween and Thanksgiving and jumping right into Christmas - my fav time of the year!

No comments: