Saturday, October 24, 2009

Friends!





This is a sweet little creation using so many of my favorite things! It's pretty, it's pink and it's oh so sweet :) I hand-rouched the sweet pink rose!

Recipe: DSP Basic Grey's - Bittersweet & My Mind's Eye - Bella Bella; white cardstock - PTI; trims from Offray; white taffeta ribbon, Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon, soft suede ink & Friends 24/7 stamp set - SU; Basic Grey thickset chipboard; Making Memories shimmer flourish chipboard; Melissa Frances tag; PTI vintage sweet blush button and sticky paper (for rouched rose), Zing pink embossing glitter; Tattered Angles Tattered Rose Glimmer Mist; glue dots and dimensionals.

3 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty card! I love your vintage style & that 3-D bloom is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls! I hope you return Saturday for another fun & exciting challenge!

Stampin' Pam said...

Oh my - now I want to know how you made that rose - it's SPECTACULAR - can you tell me how you did it???? Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls. Hope to see you this next week for a WILD CARD challenge and a special surprise :-)

Debbie said...

Pam, the rouched ribbon rose was quite simple - just tedious with all the wrapping and turning! First, take a piece of sticky paper (I used PTI) and cut a piece the size of the ribbons rose when finished. Next, take your ribbon (I used SU!'s pink taffeta) and pinch the end and stick to the center of the sticky paper. Then just keep twisting, sticking and turning your sticky paper until the ribbon rose is the size you want. When done, cut off the end and tuck inside so it sticks to the paper. I then antiqued mine by sponging on some Soft Suede ink and spritzed with Tattered Angels Gold Shimmer Mist and sprinked on some ZING embossing gliiter - set with a heat tool. Wha-la!!