Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The MOST YUMMY Cake Ever!

STRAWBERRY-LEMON-ALMOND POUND CAKE!!!

I hosted an extra night of stamping at my house last night and the dessert I made was a huge HIT! It was so SIMPLE ... Tastefully Simple in fact! I took an Absolutely Almond Pound Cake Mix and made according to the directions on the box. Then I added 1 Tbsp. of our NEW Meyer Lemon Oil to the batter. I put half of the batter into a greased bundt pan. Then I layered in the middle of the batter some of our Rhubarb Strawberry Fruit Spread and poured the remainder of the batter on the top and backed for 55 minutes.

After the cake cooled, I inverted it onto a cake stand. The glaze for the topping was about a cup of confectioner's sugar, 2 Tbsp. Meyer Lemon Oil and a smidge of water to make a glaze! I drizzled this glaze on top of the bundt cake and ... WHALA! It was a pretty presentation and so, so scrumptious! I'll never look at the Almond Pound Cake the same way ... I just LOVE that stuff!

APRIL CUSTOMER SPECIAL ... for every $50 in orders you place with Tastefully Simple in April, you'll receive a FREE 8.5 jar of Rhubarb Strawberry Fruit Spread! WOW!!!

No comments: