Saturday, April 25, 2009

BABY GIRL GIFT FOR A FRIEND!!




This is a gift I made for one of the gals on my Tastefully Simple team who is also in a stamp club with me! She had her second baby girl in March and I just loved creating this girl-y, pink, adorable little cutie-pie item! This is one of Lauren Meader's My Timeless Templates - Captured Card Case - from March. It was the perfect size to fit a tiny, decorated and embellished onesie and a tiny baby sock which can be used as a Tooth Fairy sock!
This was also a challenge my demonstrator gave out to us for this month's club .. to make something that was a non-card item using 3 colors -- my colors were Rose Red, Pink Pirouette and Whisper White!
The card was cased from an idea I saw on Jill Hillard's blog a while back. I can't say that it was easy to make, but I don't have many occasions to make baby cards (I hang out with the 40+ crowd!!!), so it was fun to make just this one and give it away!
The onesie was all embellished with pink satin roses, ribbons and a Wimpole Street doilie that says "Love" ... I thought very appropriate for such a sweet little angel!
I enjoyed making this gift very much and I hope it will be enjoyed by both the mommy and baby who it was given too as well!!!

No comments: