Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas Countdown - something unexpected!

I just LOVE the holidays ... and especially CHRISTMAS! It's my favorite time of the year and I begin to get in the holiday mood early in November! I've already begun decorating my home. I put up 8 decorated trees, and my husband has already hung the lights on the outside of the house! Our family tradition is to 'flip the switch' Thanksgiving night and light it all up -- the official start to the Christmas season in our home! And, when I get a jump on all the holiday decorating in November, I am able to enjoy the month of December to bake, stamp, gather with friends, stamp, wrap presents, stamp, enjoy a hot & steamy mug of English Toffee Mocha while sitting by the fire ... AND STAMP!

With that said, I think this is such a unique idea - especially if you don't want to put something on your wall and then have to take it down after the holidays and destroy it. I used the small 'Christmas Countdown' from the Decor Elements line and adhered it onto a pretty vanilla colored stoneware oval platter found at Home Goods (my FAVORITE store in the world!). I embellished with some red Little Felt Flurries snowflakes, red & white ticking grosgrain ribbon, rhinestone brads and glitter. For the individual numbered cards, I used Naturals Ivory Card Stock to mount the numbers on, and then backed each card with Real Red and Old Olive Card Stock. I decorated each number with a little piece of 'bling' and then attached the number card to the platter with a mini library clip ... whala! My plan is to string some more of that pretty ticking ribbon from end to end on a bank of 3 windows I have in my kitchen, and then each day pull the appropriate numbered card off the string and put it on the plate. I can re-use this holiday decoration for years to come. What do you think???

No comments: